Grilled Chicken Salad is made with perfect juicy grilled chicken, grilled corn off the cob, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, and onion. Simple oil and vinegar dressing is the perfect finishing touch to this delicious summer salad!
If you want to add more crunch, you need to try my Homemade Croutons. They are perfect for this salad! Next time you make grilled chicken, make more for this salad.
Why You'll Love This Salad
While barbecue chicken, baked beans, burgers, and franks rule summer backyard cookouts, I also find myself craving light and fresh meals. Salad is simply the perfect choice!
This salad is summer in a bowl! It's colorful and full of flavor. Grilled chicken and corn on the cob are the star ingredients here. This is my favorite way to use any leftovers from my grilled chicken and complement it with corn, avocado, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, and red onion. This salad is a great way to enjoy grilled chicken in a fresh and light dish.
- grilled chicken - juicy and flavorful grilled chicken breast that was marinated and cooked on the grill. Once done and had time to rest (that prevents the juices to escape if you slice it too soon), I sliced the chicken breast thinly and arranged it on top of the salad.
- grilled corn on the cob - an easy way to prepare corn on the cob for a summer dinner, is to pull the husks away from the corn, but don't cut them off. Brush corn with garlic butter and place on the grill. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed so all sides are cooked. No aluminum foil is needed! I recommend cooking the corn first, then the chicken. While chicken is cooking, you will have enough time to cool the corn so it's safe to handle, cut off the kernels, and place in a salad bowl.
- lettuce, tomatoes, onion, avocado - classic salad ingredients are all we need here. Avocado is a plus, but feel free to skip it and add a vegetable of your choice.
How to make grilled chicken salad?
- I started by slicing grilled chicken breast and cutting grilled corn kernels off the cob.
- I added Romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes sliced in half, chopped red onion, and avocado in a big bowl.
- In a small cup, I whisked oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning or dried oregano. I poured it over the salad, tossed it gently to coat, and served.
- This salad can be made using any grilled meat: shrimp, pork or beef kabobs, salmon, etc. All of the salad ingredients are perfect to complement any choice of meat.
- If you don't have fresh corn on the cob that can be grilled, use canned or frozen (and thawed before using) and stir in with the rest of the salad ingredients.
Simple oil and vinegar salad dressing:
Sometimes you want the ingredients to really shine in your salad, like the grilled chicken and corn here, so you don't need a powerful dressing. A simple mix of vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and seasoning is all you need. You can of course use any dressing you want as long as it will go well with the flavors here.
More easy and healthy salad recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 2 corn on the cobs grilled (see note)
- 1 avocado
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion and avocado.4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce, 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes, ½ cup chopped red onion, 1 avocado
- Cut corn kernels off the cobs and add to salad. Toss gently together.2 corn on the cobs
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat.¼ cup olive oil, 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice or chop grilled chicken breasts.2 grilled chicken breasts
- Place salad on serving plates. Arrange half of sliced grilled chicken breast on top of the salad, on each serving.
- Serve immediately.
- To make grilled corn on the cob - pull away husks and remove silky strings from corn. Brush corn with melted butter mixed with minced garlic. Place on medium hot grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed to all sides are cooked. Remove onto a plate and let cool until ready to handle.
- You can use canned corn or frozen and thawed corn kernels in place of grilled corn.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
What would you recommend using instead of avocado? My family sadly hates it. lol
Hi Jennifer! Any other fresh veggie they like. Maybe cucumber?
Deepa GV says
Rahma Raheem💙 says
May I ask what is the marinated ingredients use for the chicken breasts
Follow my recipe for grilled chicken, here: https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/easy-grilled-chicken/
Allyson Zea says
Wow this looks so healthy and delicious!
We've been grilling out more and more so this is perfect for us! Looks delicious!
This looks like summer in a bowl! I love that you used a light and fresh dressing. Can't wait to dig into this.
I love how bright this salad is!
Wow this is perfect! Perfect idea!
What an attractive looking salad. I bet it tastes amazing!
Such a great idea to grill the corn....it adds so much flavor! Looks like a fantastic salad!