Homemade Cornbread Mix – save money and time by making your own cornbread mix with just 4 ingredients! Perfect for cornbreads, muffins or use to top casseroles.
If you like to make your own baking mixes from scratch, this Homemade Cornbread Mix recipe is for you! It requires only 4 ingredients: flour, cornmeal, baking powder and sugar. You can forget about buying the box stuff and just make your own, place in ziploc bags or containers to use anytime. It’s so much easier and cheaper!
- all-purpose flour
- yellow cornmeal
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
How to make homemade cornbread mix?
- Place all ingredients in a jar or container. Shake or whisk to combine.
- Store in your pantry for up to 6 months.
How to use this mix?
To make simple cornbread, simply pour the mix into a bowl. Add 1 large egg, 1/2 cup of buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil (you can also use melted butter). You can add a can of green chilies, ground cumin and paprika, 1 cup of whole kernel corn, shredded cheese, etc. to make variations of cornbread.
What can I make with this Cornbread Mix?
Can I double or triple this recipe?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the ingredients. Make sure you note it down on the container. This recipe makes the equivalent of one Jiffy mix package.
More homemade recipes:
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Homemade Nutella
- Homemade Sazon Seasoning
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Homemade Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Measure out all ingredients. Make sure to fluff the flour in the container, then scoop it with a spoon into the measuring cup. Level off the top and use in the recipe.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Keep in a container or a jar with lid, for up to 6 months.