Homemade Pizza Sauce – super simple sauce from scratch that takes only a few minutes to whip up in the blender. It’s delicious and takes your pizza to a whole new level!
If you like to make pizza at home, you will love my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe. It’s the best!
HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
Just in time for Pizza Friday!!! My secret to a fantastic pizza at home: a homemade sauce that takes only 5 minutes to make. And you have to try it! A few years ago, when we started making our own pizza at home we focused on getting the most important part of it perfect: the dough. Now that we have mastered that, it’s time for the second most important ingredient of a homemade pizza: the sauce! If Friday night is pizza night in your house, I highly encourage you to make the dough and this sauce, top it with your favorite pizza toppings (pepperoni, mushrooms, red peppers and onions are mine!) and of course lots of cheese! Keep the sauce leftovers for pasta night. Talk about time and money saver!
- crushed tomatoes
- fresh garlic
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
How to make Pizza Sauce?
Place all ingredients in a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Store in a jar with lid in the fridge for up to 7 to 9 days.
How does it taste?
It’s perfect when it comes to texture and flavor. It’s not runny or watery, but thick just right. It has the desired tomato-garlic flavor with a touch of Italian herbs. So good – I love if for dipping flatbread slices in it!
How to use this sauce?
This sauce has not only made it onto our pizza but I also used it in this Pizza Bread and saucy pasta casseroles. It’s so good you will want to use it beyond pizza! Good thing that this recipe makes 3,5 cups – you can use it for your pizza night and for pasta dinner! You can also use it on a yeast-free 2-ingredient Pizza Dough! It’s fantastic!
More Homemade Sauce Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 24 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic or 2 to 3 garlic cloves see note
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in a jar with lid in the fridge for up to 7 to 9 days.
- I use minced garlic in olive oil that you can buy in a small jar but you can use fresh garlic, pressed. Start with two teaspoons (or cloves) and taste the sauce. If you want even more garlic flavor, add another teaspoon or clove.
- This recipe can be divided in half if you want to use the sauce only for pizza night.
- I use one cup of sauce per 12" pizza. We always make two pizzas for pizza night.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.