This homemade Taco Seasoning is quick and easy to make, with just 8 ingredients. Make a large batch and never go back to store-bought seasoning again!
My pantry and fridge is filled with homemade versions of pantry staples. I make my own salad dressings, pasta sauces and seasonings. There is a condition: they need to be easy to make. This homemade Taco Seasoning is just perfect! I made a version that is as close to the store-bought kind as I can, without any additives. I add cornstarch because I like my taco meat saucy and thick. You can use this seasoning as you would a packet of seasoning.
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried oregano
How much does this recipe make?
This recipe can be used to make 4 meals (with ground meat or chicken). Use 2 tablespoons just like you would use a packet of store-bought seasoning.
How to store this seasoning?
I store it in a jar with a lid. You can also use a small ziploc bag. Write down with a sharpie pen what it is so you will know you are using the right seasoning.
How to use homemade taco seasoning:
For every pound of meat, use 2 tablespoons of the seasoning. If you are looking for the thick saucy taco mixture, add the cornstarch to the seasoning mix and add 1/2 cup of water to the meat. Simmer until thick.
More homemade recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place all seasoning in a jar and whisk together.
- Use 2 tablespoons per 1 pound of meat or as the recipe calls for.
- You can use this seasoning as you would a packet of store-bought seasoning, if you add the cornstarch.
- If you need just enough taco seasoning for one meal, use the following measurements: 1 tablespoon chili powder, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon paprika.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.