Perfect Cornbread Muffins Recipe – a no-fail recipe for the best cornbread muffins, no store-bought mix needed. These muffins are fluffy and delicious!
THE BEST CORNBREAD MUFFINS
This is my quick and never-fail recipe for delicious savory muffins to go with dinner. They always come out perfect, with the cracked high tops and fluffy inside! You can make the batter, pop these in the oven and have them on the table in under 30 minutes! Gotta love fabulous and quick recipes like this one! Because dinner is never complete without freshly baked bread or muffins on the side.
Cornbread Muffins Ingredients:
- yellow cornmeal
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vegetable or canola oil
How to make the best Cornbread Muffins from scratch?
- Start by whisking dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Fill greased muffin pan with batter, dividing evenly.
- Bake until golden brown.
Cornbread Muffins Variations:
- add half of a can of whole kernel corn, drained
- add your favorite fresh or dried herbs (2 teaspoons of dried, 1 tablespoon of fresh, chopped)
- add half of the ranch dressing dry mix packet
- add 3 teaspoons of chopped pickled jalapenos or other peppers
- add 1/2 of a cup of shredded cheese.
Feel free to combine them too! I think a cheesy jalapeno cornbread muffins would be fabulous!
More Recipes with Cornmeal:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Perfect, no-fail recipe for the best cornbread muffins, no store-bought mix needed. These muffins are fluffy and delicious!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Spray your muffin pan with cooking spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt). If you are using dried herbs or other dry add-ons, add them now.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (buttermilk, oil and egg). If you are using whole kernel corn or peppers, add it now.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter with an ice cream scoop into your prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and cracked and the toothpick inserted in each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
To make homemade buttermilk, mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with enough half and half to make 1 cup of liquid. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes to sour.