Cheddar Bacon Cornbread Waffles Recipe - savory take on waffles, filled with crispy bacon, freshly grated cheddar cheese, sweet corn and nicely seasoned with Ranch mix! So good as lunch and dinner too!
I have to say, my favorite savory recipes are the ones my Hubby and I come up with together. Our whole cheesy bread series came to life that way. Same with these waffles. We started with an idea for waffles that taste like cornbread. Then we added corn and cheddar and because we are talking breakfast - there has to be bacon involved. 😀 These waffles are filled with crispy bacon, freshly grated cheddar cheese, sweet corn and nicely seasoned with Ranch mix. Oh, and they taste like cornbread! Talk about delicious!
Breakfast waffles won't be boring anymore with this recipe! The combination of salty bacon, sweet corn, Ranch seasoning and cheddar cheese that will crisp up on the edges is one of our favorites! And if you are like us and love to make breakfast for dinner once a week - this is even more perfect! Serve with fried egg on top and a drizzle of garlic Parmesan butter. Yes, please!
I tweaked my favorite fluffy pancake recipe that I use for waffles as well. It's my tried and true recipe with homemade buttermilk. If you have buttermilk on hand - use it in this recipe. But if you are like me and never buy it - make it yourself! It's so easy. All you need to do is combine whole milk or half and half (I highly recommend the later one as it makes the best homemade buttermilk in my opinion) with apple cider vinegar. You can use white vinegar but I always use ACV as it is sweeter and I keep white vinegar for cleaning.
As in my skillet conrbread and my perfect cornbread muffins, I am using equal parts of flour and yellow cornmeal. I find it to give the final result the best texture.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR BREAKFAST BOARD!
-->> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
Cheddar Bacon Cornbread Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 and ½ cup + 4 Tablespoons whole milk or half and half I used half and half
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar white vinegar also works
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup sweet whole kernel corn (fresh frozen or from a can)
- 8 slices of bacon cooked to crispy, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese I used mild
- 4 green onions chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, paprika, Ranch seasoning and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, combine half and half and vinegar. Stir few times and let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes. In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and melted butter. Add half and half and vinegar mixture and stir together.
- Add wet ingredients, corn, chopped bacon, cheese and green onions to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula. Do not overmix! The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Preheat waffle iron. I used a Belgian waffle maker and used 3 scoops of batter with a regular size ice cream scoop per waffle. If you are using a regular waffle maker, start with 2 scoops of batter.
- Cook waffles. Remove onto a plate and serve immediately or place on baking sheet and keep warm in a warm oven, until serving.
- Serve drizzled with garlic Parmesan butter, if desired. Simply mix 4 Tablespoons melted salted butter, ¾ teaspoon garlic powder and 1 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀
Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
Kristi G says
Your description mentions ranch seasoning mix, but I don't see it included in the ingredients list or the directions. ??
Making these tonight for our weekly family dinner. Really looking forward to it.
These are perfect for a weekend brunch! These look delicious!
Thank you, Sabrina!
I'm not a huge fan of sweet breakfasts, so these savory waffles look perfect to me --love the flavors here!
Debra A Attinella says
I recently had a savory waffle and thought they were fantastic. I love your version with bacon!
I think these are probably the most amazing waffles I've ever seen! They're loaded with so much flavor. Wish I had a waffle iron!
Amanda | The Chunky Chef says
These waffles sound like the perfect brunch recipe!
Garlic parmesan butter? omg I literally love every single thing about this!
I wish I could grab them through the screen! They look divine!
Savory waffles are the best! These would be perfect for mini sandwiches!