Instant Pot Beef Chili Recipe – rich and flavorful beef and bean chili that’s made in pressure cooker! Tastes as if it was cooking all day but takes only 20 minutes to make!
I have finally perfected my recipe for beef chili that cooks in my Instant Pot. It’s time to share it here, on my blog, because you have to make it asap! It’s rich and so flavorful! Thanks to my secret ingredient, it tastes as if it was simmering on the stove all day, but in fact it takes only 20 minutes to make, start to finish.
If you don’t have the Instant Pot ( digital pressure cooker ), I highly recommend you get it. It will change your life because it will save you a ton of time in the kitchen. THIS is the one I have and love it!
Looking at the ingredient list, you may notice two ingredients that are not typical in chili recipes. It’s soy sauce and Marsala wine. They are my two secret ingredient, one more than the other. I almost always add soy sauce to ground meat as it adds rich, meaty flavor to the dish. Always use low-sodium soy sauce. The Marsala wine is my true secret ingredient. I absolutely love the rich, deep flavor and it is absolutely perfect for this hearty chili.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF CHILI IN PRESSURE COOKER
To make great beef and bean chili in your digital pressure cooker, start by chopping onions, pepper, carrots and mincing the garlic. Set the Instant Pot to saute, add olive oil and gently swirl around to coat the bottom of the insert. Add onions, garlic, pepper and carrots. Cook for a few minutes, stirring often. Add ground beef and cook until browned. If you are using lean beef, you won’t have too much grease and water in the pot. If otherwise, ladle the grease out into a cup. I find it easier than draining the whole insert. Add all of the liquid ingredients, beans and spices. Stir well. Place lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing, press “manual” and set timer to 10 minutes. The Instant Pot will start by itself. After the timer is done, press “cancel/off” and do a quick pressure release. Open the lid carefully, away from you. Stir the chili. It will look watery at first but it will thicken up as you stir.
That’s it! Serve garnished with tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro or parsley and maybe slices of avocados.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Rich and flavorful beef and bean chili that's made in pressure cooker! Tastes as if it was cooking all day but takes only 20 minutes to make!
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 and 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 can red chili beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup marsala wine see note
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Press "saute" on your Instant Pot. Add olive oil to the insert and swirl gently to coat the bottom.
- Add garlic, onion, pepper and carrots. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Stir often.
- If needed, drain grease.
- Press "off/cancel".
- Add beans, soy sauce, water, Marsala wine, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add chili pepper, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Cover pot with lid, set valve to "sealing". Press "manual", set timer to 10 minutes. The Instant Pot will start by itself.
- When done, the Instant Pot will beep a few times. Press "off/cancel". Switch the valve ( very carefully) to do a quick pressure release.
- Open lid carefully, away from your face. Stir chili. It will thicken a bit.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro or parsley, tortilla chips or slices of avocado.
This chili is even better the next day. Cool completely after cooking, place in a large pot with lid and refrigerate until ready. Let sit in room temperature for 15 minutes, then reheat. The Marsala wine is optional but highly recommended. It is a cooking wine, often found in the vinegar and oil section in your grocery store. It gives the chili rich and deep flavor, as if it was simmering on the stove all day. If you can't use Marsala wine, replace with water.
Check out my Amazon List for more product recommendations, like additional accessories for the Instant Pot! ( this is an affiliate link).