Easy Garlic Bread is the best and easiest side dish to pasta dinner or soups! Crispy, warm bread with buttery garlic topping is even better made at home.
My love for garlic bread runs deep. My Hubby happens to share it with me and we always enjoy it along with cheesy, creamy pasta or big bowls of soup. After all, what's not to love about crispy, warm bread with buttery, garlic topping.
It is quite hard to stop reaching for just another slice of this Easy Garlic Bread. Dip a still warm chunk of it in creamy Alfredo sauce or marinara and enjoy. My Stuffed Garlic Knots are a great example as well. So delicious!
Fresh garlic vs. garlic powder
To make this Easy Garlic Bread, you can use fresh minced garlic, already minced store-bought garlic in olive oil or garlic powder. Each one will give it a different level of flavor intensity. Fresh minced (or grated) garlic will be the strongest. I highly recommend using the unsalted butter and olive oil combo for the topping. It helps the bread to crisp up perfectly. The Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley are completely optional but I recommend trying them. It's a perfect finishing touch and makes this bread truly irresistible.
Pasta is probably the first dish that comes to mind, that goes perfectly with garlic bread. My One Pan Lasagna or the Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta is a family favorite and a slice of garlic bread is perfect for dipping into the sauce.
More bread recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Slice bread lenghtwise. Place each piece open side up on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread mixture evenly on bread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes OR until golden brown on top.
- Garnish bread with chopped parsley, cut and serve.