20-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – the ultimate comfort food that never fails. Quick and easy chicken noodle soup to beat the cold or just satisfy the craving.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
I am happy to say that we are finally past the cold that has been going around our family for almost three weeks. It made the round and it seems (fingers crossed, knock on wood!) that it is gone. But when it was here – it was ugly. It’s so sad to see the kiddos without the energy and excitement, not even wanting to play with their favorite toys. They lack energy and appetite. The only thing that my family will eat while dealing with a cold/flu is a homemade chicken noodle soup. THIS chicken noodle soup. I crave it on cold, dreary days because it is the ultimate comfort food. It gives my Instant Pot Chicken and Rice soup a run for its money!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP?
This recipe is so easy that you make it a couple of times and you will know it by heart.
- It all starts with browning the chicken on both sides in just a little bit of olive oil. It helps to bring out the flavor of chicken in the soup.
- Same with the veggies. Sauteing them just a little bit before the liquid is added creates the delicious flavor for this soup.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
Just a couple notes about the veggie mix I used in this recipe. I used baby carrots for two reasons: they are sweeter and you don’t need to peel them. Just diced them up and throw into the stock pot. Also, my kiddos love baby carrots so I always have them on hand! I didn’t use onion in this recipe because our kids don’t like it and I don’t feel the need for it but you can definitely add 1/2 of a cup of diced onion to the veggie mix. Like with almost every savory recipe on my site, I encourage you to adjust it to your likings.
MORE SOUP RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
20-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast cut half
- 1 cup baby carrots diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 and 1/2 cup wide noddles
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a stock pot.
- Add chicken breast and brown on both sides, 2 minutes or so.
- Remove the chicken onto a plate and set aside.
- Add diced veggies to the pot. Add more oil if needed.
- Saute for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back. Add stock or broth, Italian seasoning and oregano.
- Bring to boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook until done.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.