Stuffed Garlic Knots recipe - a restaurant copycat that is crazy easy to make at home! Cheese stuffed garlic knots dipped in Parmesan garlic butter are perfect for a movie night, party or a get-together.
STUFFED GARLIC KNOTS
If you have been obsessed with our Easy Garlic Cheese Bombs, you will go crazy for these Stuffed Garlic Knots! This is my take on the popular appetizer from Pizza Hut. Restaurant copycats are so much fun to make at home and many times they are super easy. These little fluffy biscuit knots are quick, easy and addicting! Better make a double batch.
It took me three tries to figure our what is the best way to stuff them with cheese and still be able to tie them up. I tried cheese strips, shredded cheese stuffed along the whole strip of dough but that didn't work. All of the knots had cheese oozed out and non left inside. Still yummy, but not what I was going for.
Then it came to me! Why not stuff the center with a cube of cheese and tie the ends of the dough over it? BINGO! Best idea ever! You also need to make sure to pinch the seam really well. If you don't have biscuit dough, you can use a made from scratch dough (not a drop biscuit dough) or a pizza dough. Cut it into strips and stuff and tie the knots. I cut each biscuit in half when I am using Grands but if you are using regular size biscuits - you can skip that step. I usually go for mozzarella cheese when it comes to cheese-stuffed appetizers because it's the most popular but you can use cheddar or even Pepper Jack for a more spicy version.
More Roll Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Stuffed Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 tube of biscuits I used Pillsbury Grands
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese cubed
- ¼ cup butter melted (I used salted)
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 and ½ to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- chopped fresh parsley optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut cheese into cubes, about ¾" big.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Working one piece at a time, roll out the dough at the ends, leaving the center big. Flatten the center part, place a cube of cheese in the middle and fold the sides over. Pinch seams, roll in your hands if needed. Roll out the ends of the dough again and tie a knot over the center with cheese. Place knot on baking sheet.
- Repeat with all pieces of dough.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Brush knots with butter mixture.
- Bake knots for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
- Serve with marinara sauce, garlic dipping sauce or the butter Parmesan mixture.