This Mexican Street Corn Salad also called Esquites, is one of my favorite summer side dishes! Simple, fresh ingredients create a very tasty dish for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations but also summer picnics and BBQs!
This beautiful and delicious corn salad is a deconstructed version of the Elotes, a Mexican dish of grilled corn on the cob. I will be honest and say, I prefer this version! Corn on the cob can be messy and my toppings always fall off so this salad is my perfect solution to enjoy the wonderful flavors of corn, cotija cheese, jalapeno and lime!
- fresh corn
- sour cream
- cotija cheese
- green onion
- jalapeno pepper
- salt and pepper
How to make Mexican Corn Salad?
- Start by cutting the corn off the cobs.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat and melt butter.
- Add corn and saute until golden brown. Stir often.
- Add cheese and green onions. Stir. Remove from heat.
- Place corn in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Serve right away or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Since this salad contains dairy, it is best to store it covered, in the fridge. It should be good for up to 3 days.
More salad recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Salad category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels about 4 cobs of corn
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- Cut corn off the cobs. Place cob vertically in a bowl, then slice kernels off starting at the top of the cob, moving down, letting the kernels fall into the bowl.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add corn and stirring often, saute until golden brown.
- Turn off heat. Add salt and pepper.
- Add cheese, lime zest, jalapeno, green onions and cilantro. Stir in.
- Add mayo and sour cream and stir in.
- Drizzle lime juice over the salad.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- Since this salad contains dairy, it is best to store it covered, in the fridge. It should be good for up to 3 days.