Instant Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe – the easiest dinners you can make in your pressure cooker. The perfect way to make deliciously seasoned chicken for meal prep!
One of my go-to dinners is of course tacos! It’s Taco Tuesday at our house every week and it never fails.
Well, Taco Tuesdays just got better! I can quickly make delicious Chicken Tacos right in my own Instant Pot for an easy family dinner on busy weeknights. Served with all of our favorite toppings and we are ready to enjoy this Mexican feast.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TACOS IN INSTANT POT?
Simply pour chicken broth into your Instant Pot. Place chicken in broth. Sprinkle with seasoning. Top with salsa and do not stir. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing position. Set the IP to poultry setting and timer to 12 minutes. That’s it! Your Instant Pot will beep when it’s ready and it will start coming to pressure. When the time is up, release the pressure and carefully open the lid. Place chicken on plate or cutting board and shred. Place back in your IP and stir with the seasoned salsa. Fill soft tortillas or taco shells with chicken and top with your favorite toppings.
Making taco chicken in the Instant Pot is really as easy as placing everything in the insert and setting the IP to cook. That’s it! No taco seasoning on hand? No problem! I am also sharing my quick seasoning mix you can whip up for these tacos!
CHICKEN BREASTS VS. CHICKEN THIGHS
You can use what you have on hand. Chicken thighs have more flavor and more fat than chicken breasts. You can use chicken tenders too!
CAN I FREEZE THE TACO CHICKEN?
Yes! This is a perfect make ahead dish. If you do meal prep, you need to add this recipe to your list. Cook the chicken according to instructions, cool completely, place in freezer-safe containers or bags and store in a freezer. When ready, thaw and reheat.
More easy Instant Pot recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance!
INSTANT POT CHICKEN TACOS RECIPE
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning see note
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Make sure the stainless steel insert is in your Instant Pot.
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot. Add chicken.
- Sprinkle seasoning over chicken. Add garlic. Top with salsa and do not stir.
- Close lid of the Instant Pot, switch the valve to "sealing" position.
- Press "poultry" or "manual" setting and adjust the timer to 12 minutes. The Instant Pot will beep and start coming to pressure.
- When the timer is done, the Instant Pot will beep. Press "off/cancel" button. Carefully switch the valve to “venting” position and release the pressure. When the done, carefully open the lid.
- Remove the chicken onto a cutting board and shred with two forks. Place back into the Instant Pot and stir in with the sauce.
- Serve chicken in flour or corn tortillas, topped with chopped tomatoes, onions and avocados.