Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken with honey and lime, made in just 25 minutes! Perfect filling for tacos, enchiladas or served with rice.
INSTANT POT SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
One of the easiest chicken dishes you can make in your Instant Pot is this Salsa Verde Chicken. I used boneless skinless chicken breast and cooked it in chicken stock (you can use water), lime juice, honey, spices and salsa verde. Once it’s done, all you need to do is shred it and it’s ready to be served. It’s also perfect for meal prep as it can be made ahead for various dishes.
How to make Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken?
- Make sure the stainless steel insert is in your Instant Pot.
- Add chicken stock and lime juice to Instant Pot insert. Place chicken in liquid.
- Sprinkle seasoning over chicken. Drizzle honey and add garlic on top. Pour salsa verde over chicken. Do not stir.
- Close lid, set valve to sealing and cook chicken on a manual setting for 15 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, wait 2 minutes, then release the pressure. Open lid and shred chicken.
Can I use Frozen Chicken to make this dish?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts to make this dish. Add 3 more minutes to cooking time. Also, the Instant Pot will take longer to come to pressure since the chicken is frozen.
How to serve Salsa Verde Chicken?
- with rice
- in casseroles
Can I freeze this chicken?
Yes, cooked salsa verde chicken can be frozen. Make sure to cool the chicken completely after pressure cooking. Then divide into freezer bags (portion our for specific meals) and freeze for up to 3 months.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup salsa verde I used Herdez, mild
Make sure the stainless steel insert is in your Instant Pot.
Add chicken stock (or water) and lime juice to insert. Place chicken breasts in liquid.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin over chicken.
Drizzle honey over chicken, top with garlic.
Pour salsa verde over chicken. Do not stir.
Close lid, set valve to sealing position (newer models do not require that).
Press manual setting, make sure your IP is set to cook at HIGH pressure.
Set timer to 15 minutes. The IP will beep and start coming to pressure, which will take about 10 minutes.
Once the timer is done, wait 2 minutes, then switch the valve to venting to release pressure.
Carefully open the lid away from your face, remove chicken onto a plate and shred with forks. Return chicken to IP and stir in with liquid.
This chicken can be served over rice, as filling in tacos and enchiladas and added to casseroles.