Homemade enchilada sauce made with just 7 ingredients is my new favorite diy recipe. I will never buy it in a can again!
Necessity is the mother of invention. Isn’t that what they say? In my kitchen, a lot of diy recipes happen because I simply don’t want to run to the store for just one thing. And then you do a happy dance because you just made the-bomb-dot-com sauce that is not only cheaper but took 5 minutes to whip up. #winning I make my own Alfredo sauce, BBQ sauce and now this enchilada sauce.
5-MINUTE BLENDER ENCHILADA SAUCE
This homemade red enchilada sauce happened because my local Aldi’s doesn’t carry enchilada sauce and I don’t want to stop at another store just to get one thing. Call it lazy, I call it time-saving. 😀
HOW TO MAKE BLENDER ENCHILADA SAUCE?
- Start by adding onion, garlic, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, ground cumin and salt to blender.
- Blend until smooth. The sauce should be thick.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
5-MINUTE BLENDER ENCHILADA SAUCE RECIPE VIDEO:
HOW MUCH SAUCE DOES THIS RECIPE MAKE?
This recipe is really quick and easy. It makes 3 cups of sauce, which makes it way cheaper than buying the sauce in a can. Before I never had enough sauce from just one can. I like to dip the corn tortillas in warmed up sauce to soften them and make them more roll-able. If you know what I mean. The rest of the sauce goes all over the enchiladas and is topped with cheese. Then all you need to do is bake them! So crazy good! If you have any sauce leftover, make my 20-Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup! It’s a family favorite!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
5-MINUTE BLENDER ENCHILADA SAUCE RECIPE:
5-Minute Blender Enchilada Sauce Recipe - homemade enchilada sauce made with just 7 ingredients is my new favorite diy recipe. I will never buy it in a can again!
- 1/2 cup yellow onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. It will be thick. You can add more water or stock if you like thinner sauce.
- Place in a jar with lid and store for up to a week.