Make these delicious Roasted Beets in the oven and serve as a healthy side dish or a salad topping. It's the easiest way to enjoy this vitamin-packed vegetable!
Whenever I need an easy vegetable dish, I almost always go the roasted route. I think it is the e asiest and the most tasty way to cook vegetables, aside from soups! Roasting brings out richer flavor in vegetables. When paired well with herbs (dried are better for roasting because fresh ones can burn), you can make a tasty and healthy veggie dish with minimal prep.
- beets: fresh, with greens cut off
- oil: olive oil; spray works too
- seasoning: salt, pepper and dried thyme
How to serve roasted beets?
You can serve this dish just like any side, along with main protein (like Baked Pork Chops) and a complementary additional veggie side. It is also a fantastic with greens and a simple salad dressing.
You can prepare this dish ahead of time for meal prep and store in a container with lid, in the fridge, for up to 4 days. Reheat in a microwave or oven.
More side dish recipes:
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Simple Roasted Cabbage
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Creamed Corn
- Microwave Baked Potatoes
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Side Dish category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
- 4 medium beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Trim greens off the beets. Wash. Peel skin, if desired.
- Cut into ½" cubes.
- Toss chopped beets with olive oil and seasoning.
- Arrange on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before serving.