This simple Roasted Cabbage is a great way to bring out the flavor in this vegetable. Caramelized on the edges and soft in the center, this side dish is a tasty way to enjoy cabbage!
If you love roasted veggies, you will be blown away by this recipe! Roasting in the oven brings out the flavor in veggies and it's one of the easiest ways to cook them. Did you know, you can roast cabbage? Simply, cut it into slices, drizzle or brush with oil and season. Roast until soft in the center and slightly caramelized on the edges. It's a tasty way to enjoy this simple vegetable!
- cabbage: I used green
- oil: I used olive oil
- seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder (optional), paprika (optional)
How to make Roasted Cabbage?
- Slice cabbage into 1/4" thick slices.
- Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in 400 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The thinner the slices, the quicker it roasts. If you want to cut the cabbage into wedges, you will have to add at least 10 more minutes to cooking time.
- Olive oil is great for roasting veggies but if you have an avocado oil spray, it works great too!
- Check the texture after 20 minutes of roasting. Simply poke it with a fork. Cook more, if needed.
- You can cut off the core from slices if desired.
- This is a great way to use up leftover cabbage. Maybe you happen to have half of a cabbage head in your fridge. Roast it!
- If you have a balsamic glaze, drizzle it over roasted slices. So good!
Any leftovers should be store in a fridge for up to 3 days. The texture won't be the same as right after roasting, but the cabbage will still be delicious. Reheat it in a pan or microwave.
More vegetable side dish recipes:
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Cheddar Baked Zucchini
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Side Dish category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
- ½ cabbage head small
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- ¼ teaspoon paprika optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the outer layer of leaves from your cabbage.
- Slice cabbage into 1/4″ thick slices. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper (sprinkle any other seasoning you are using).
- Roast in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- I do not flip my cabbage slices. You can if you like.
- I suggest counting one slice of cabbage per person, for serving quantity purposes.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.