Asian Chopped Salad with Garlic Sesame Vinaigrette Recipe served with Sweet Chili Pollock Tenders – quick and easy weeknight dinner idea with a ton of flavor!
Sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood.
Today I am partnering with Gorton’s Seafood to bring you one of my favorite summer salads with Asian flavors. Fresh and colorful vegetables are chopped and tossed with quick and easy vinaigrette made with soy sauce, garlic and toasted sesame seeds. This salad perfectly pairs with Gorton’s Wild-Caught Pollock Tenders with Sweet Chili Sauce. My Hubby and I are obsessed with sweet chili sauce on our favorite Asian dishes so we knew the pollock tenders will be a hit!
Not only we loved them but our kiddos did too which makes this a family friendly dish for sure!
For this salad, I tossed chopped Romaine lettuce, red cabbage, thin carrot sticks, chopped green onions and one red bell pepper. Since the fish tenders come with a sweet sauce, I omitted brown sugar from my Asian vinaigrette recipe. It’s main flavors are garlic and sesame seeds. Toss the ingredients together in a jar and shake before use. You can make it all ahead of time too!
Craving more? Check out our other recipes featuring Gorton’s Seafood products:
Shrimp Scampi with Peppers and Spinach with Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Classic Scampi
Crispy Fish Greek Rice Bowls with Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot sliced thinly into sticks
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil see notes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Toss gently together.
- In a medium Mason jar, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. Shake well.
- Store salad and vinaigrette separately in the fridge.
- Shake jar with vinaigrette well before serving. Pour over salad and toss together.
You can use a combination of sesame oil and canola oil to make 1/4 cup of oil for the vinaigrette.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀