This Thai Cucumber Salad is crunchy, refreshing and quick to make, with just a few ingredients. The tangy and spicy dressing adds a burst of flavor!
This salad is perfect served with chicken satay or Thai peanut noodles.
If you are a big fan of Asian dinners, you will love this Thai Cucumber Salad. It's a refreshingly cool side dish with a kick, thanks to the pepper flakes in the dressing yet it pairs perfectly with spicy meals. It's done in just 10 minutes, with only a handful of ingredients. Perfect last-minute salad idea!
- English cucumber: you can use Persian cucumbers too
- red onion: if you find red onion too strong, use sweet onion
- green onion: optional
- rice vinegar: you can use white vinegar instead; apple cider vinegar may be too strong
- sesame oil: highly recommended
- white sugar
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- roasted peanuts or cashews
How to make Thai Cucumber Salad?
- Start by slicing the cucumber thinly.
- Slice red onion and chop green onion.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well.
- Combine veggies and dressing in a bowl.
- Dress up with toasted sesame seeds and chopped peanuts.
- Serve right away.
This salad is best served fresh. You can make the dressing up to 4 days ahead and store it in the fridge.
More Asian recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Asian Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Thai Cucumber Salad
- 2 English cucumbers
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- toasted sesame seeds optional garnish
- Slice the cucumber thinly.2 English cucumbers
- Slice red onion and chop green onion.½ cup sliced red onion, 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Combine veggies in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well.¼ cup rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pour over veggies and toss gently.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped peanuts.toasted sesame seeds
- Serve right away.