Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – crispy on the outside and soft in the center, these baked fries are crazy delicious, healthy and fast! All you need is oil, cornstarch, spices and sweet potatoes.
Raise your hand, if you never say no to a plate of fresh-cooked fries! Me too! What if you could make a plateful of sweet potato fries that are actually crispy yet baked in the oven? Sign me up!
These Baked Sweet Potato Fries are so much better for you than deep-fat fried ones. They are also so easy to make and great to snack on or serve as a side dish.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES?
Start by peeling the potatoes. Next cut into 1/2″ thick slices lengthwise, then into fries. Try to keep them the same length. Drizzle olive oil over fries. Sprinkle with cornstarch and seasoning. Toss gently to coat. Spread fries in single layer on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip fries onto the other side. Bake for 10 minutes more. Serve with your favorite fries dipping sauce.
TIPS FOR CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES:
- cut even size fries – this goes for roasting all vegetables; even pieces bake perfectly in the same time.
- toss with cornstarch – that is the secret to crispy homemade fries. It works with regular potatoes too!
- bake in 425 degrees F – higher temperature helps create crispy fries with soft center.
- flip half-way through baking – turning the fries over after the first 15 minutes will ensure even baking.
MORE MUST-MAKE SWEET POTATO RECIPES:
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SWEET POTATO FRIES?
BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE
More great sweet potato recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut into fries (see note).
- Place in a mixing bowl. Add oil and toss to coat.
- Mix cornstarch with garlic powder, paprika and black pepper. Sprinkle over fries. Toss to coat.
- Spread fries in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Flip fries onto the other side and bake 10 more minutes. Check if you are happy with the texture, bake up to 5 minutes more if desired.
- Salt fries. Serve with dipping sauce for snack or appetizer or as a side dish.
Cut potatoes into 1/2" thick slices lengthwise, then into 1/4" thick fries. Try to keep them the same length.