This Tomato Feta Salad is made with just 3 ingredients and perfect for summer entertaining! You can make it ahead or whip it up in minutes for a simple weeknight dinner.
If you love bruschetta, this salad is the perfect topping that can be used on toasted French baguette slices or Italian bread. Add toasted bread and turn it into Panzanella salad!
Summer tomatoes are finally here! Juicy, delicious, and ready for salads. Like this Tomato and Feta Salad. Simple yet full of flavor, it's perfect for summer dinners, picnics, and get-togethers. Fancy enough to serve to guests, simple to make for busy weeknights.
Tomato Feta Salad
Make it and serve it as is or add cooked protein to turn it into a meal! Chicken, ham or even beans are a perfect addition. This salad is a wonderful option when you want a light meal of hot summer days.
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese in a brick
- homemade Italian dressing
How to make Tomato Feta Salad?
- Start by washing tomatoes. Slice each in half.
- Slice feta cheese into cubes.
- Make the dressing: mix all ingredients in a glass measuring cup and whisk well.
- Place tomatoes and cheese in a mixing bowl and add dressing. Toss to coat.
- Serve or chill in the fridge.
Tomato Feta Salad dressing:
I used my go-to homemade Italian dressing recipe, made with:
- olive oil,
- lemon juice (instead of vinegar),
- touch of honey
- herbs and spices.
It's quick and easy to make and absolutely perfect with plump cherry tomatoes and creamy feta cheese.
Any leftovers should be stored in the fridge since the salad contains cheese. It will keep well for up to 4 days.
What else can I add to this salad?
This salad is delicious on its own but you can also use it as a base and add many other ingredients, like croutons, onions, olives, greens (lettuce, kale, spinach, etc.), grilled chicken or shrimp, even berries and nuts!
Can I use store-bought dressing?
You can use any dressing you like, but I highly recommend making your own. My recipe for Italian Dressing calls for simple ingredients, that most likely are already in your pantry.
More summer salad recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Salad category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Tomato Feta Salad
for the salad:
- 20 oz cherry or grape tomatoes
- 8 oz feta cheese in a brick
for the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash tomatoes and slice each in half.20 oz cherry or grape tomatoes
- Cut the cheese into cubes.8 oz feta cheese
- Place everything in a mixing bowl.
- In a measuring cup or a jar, mix all ingredients for the dressing. Whisk well.¼ cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon minced garlic, ½ teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss to coat.
- Serve right away or chill until ready to serve.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- Any leftovers should be stored in the fridge since the salad contains cheese. It will keep well for up to 4 days.
- You can use this recipe as a base and add many other ingredients, like croutons, onions, olives, greens (lettuce, kale, spinach, etc.), grilled chicken or shrimp, even berries and nuts!