Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cake – soft and moist pumpkin cake with snickerdoodle topping: cinnamon sugar! The addition of nuts makes it even better!
Enter Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cake.
It’s my favorite cake but topped with a snickerdoodle coating: cinnamon sugar! I go through phases with cinnamon sugar when I want to put it on everything. Muffins, toasts, oatmeal, coffee, whatever I can get my hands on.
There are also walnuts! Chopped walnuts sprinkled over the cinnamon sugar topping. So good! You can use pecans or a mix. Whatever you have on hand. Or completely skip them if your diet requires it. The cake is the star here and I think you guys will love it! This dessert is perfect for a weekend afternoon or a get-together with friends. It’s great enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee (or wine!!) while chatting about a trip to pumpkin patch with kids, or simply catching up. I served it for our last Sunday Morning for 2 time (you can follow our series on INSTAGRAM!) and it was a fantastic morning treat.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Snickerdoodle Pumpkin Cake
!for the cake:
- 2.25 c all-purpose flour
- 1.25 tsp powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
!for the topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
!to make the topping:
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
!to make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13" x 9" baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and pumpkin spice.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, oil and buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until smooth. Whisk for about a minute (I use a whisk but you can use a hand-held mixer).
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Tap the pan against your counter to release any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar all over the surface of the cake batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake the cake for 32 to 35 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted in few places near the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature and slice.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!