This Cinnamon Roll Cake has all the features of your favorite roll and is made entirely from scratch! Also, check out our video to see how to make it!
CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
Friends, I am absolutely crazy about this cake. Crazy! I am so excited to share it with you today! Just like with these Lemon Burst Cookies (that most recipes call for cake mix but I was able to make them from scratch), I have been looking for a good recipe for a Cinnamon Roll Cake.
So many recipes use a cake mix, a tube of biscuits or even cinnamon rolls. I don’t buy these because I love to make them using real ingredients, like flour and eggs. So I am here to tell you today that it is absolutely possible to make a Cinnamon Roll Cake from scratch, which means that all you need is basic staples and you can make an irresistible treat without sacrificing the taste or having shattered expectations.
Because this cake tastes just like a cinnamon roll – everyone’s favorite sweet roll.
Every layer of this cake (the base, the cinnamon filling and the glaze) is made in just minutes using ingredients that you usually have in your pantry.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLL CAKE?
It’s not only made from scratch but so ridiculously easy to make! Everything comes together so quickly and no special equipment is needed. The base is a delicious yellow butter cake with a perfectly moist and delicate crumb. Melts in your mouth! The cinnamon filling is incredible and as soon as you make it – you will want to put it on everything! Heck, go ahead and smear your morning bagel with it! It is so good! The vanilla glaze is the perfect finishing touch on this cake. The amount of it makes it possible for the cake to be covered from top to bottom yet without soaking it and making a mess.
Note: Some of you had a problem with the cinnamon filling burning on the edges of the pan while the cake is not done yet. I am making a not in the recipe not to spread the cinnamon filling all the way to the edge of the cake batter. Leave at least 1 inch of space from the edge. Thank you for the comments and letting me know!
Are you sold yet? 🙂 Good, because you should make this cake this weekend.
MORE DELICIOUS CINNAMON RECIPES:
CINNAMON ROLL CAKE FROM SCRATCH RECIPE:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, 1 stick
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature, 2 sticks
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 9"x13" cake pan (or line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil and grease the sides and bottom). Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the melted butter and whisk until everything is smooth.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, flour and cinnamon and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. (It will look crumbly at first but keep beating, it will come together.)
- Spread the filling over the cake batter, leaving at least 1 inch of space from the edge of the pan. Swirl gently with a off-set icing spatula or a rubber spatula.
- Bake the cake for 28 to 32 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the cake part comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes. Pour the glaze over the cake and spread evenly.
- Sift the powdered sugar over a medium mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and milk and whisk together until smooth and drizzling consistency. Spread over still warm cake.
- Keeps covered in room temperature for up to 3 days.