Pesto Pasta Salad – delicious vegetarian pasta salad recipe with pesto, bow tie pasta, spinach and lemon. Perfect to pack into a jar for a picnic!
PESTO PASTA SALAD
I am so excited to share this recipe for a pasta salad with you today, as it has been my favorite lunch lately! The flavors are so fresh and delicious – so good on hot summer days. This pasta salad is perfect for summer! It’s easy to make (you can make it ahead of time and keep in the fridge) AND absolutely delicious and full of fresh flavors. Pesto, bow tie pasta, spinach, cannellini beans, lemon zest and Parmesan are all you need to stir up this salad. At our house, it replaces the hot and steaming mac and cheese during summer.
How to make Pesto Pasta Salad?
- Cook pasta and cool completely.
- Place pasta in a bowl. Stir in spinach, beans, and pesto.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the salad. Add Parmesan and stir everything together.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What do you need to make this recipe (your shopping list):
- pasta (I used bow tie)
- cannellini beans
- Parmesan cheese
Can I make this pasta salad ahead of time?
I tend to make a batch of pasta the day before and keep it in the fridge to mix in with the rest of ingredients just before lunch OR prepare the salad and pack it into containers or jars for a grab-and-go lunch!
What goes well with Pesto Pasta Salad?
It’s a great side for a dinner of the grill (lemon grilled chicken is crazy good with this pasta salad!) and a fabulous lunch idea, with a slice of crusty baguette.
More delicious Pasta Salad recipes:
Easy Pasta Salad from Dinner, then Dessert
If you like this recipe and try it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet ! I’d love to see what’s happening in your kitchen!
Delicious pasta salad recipe with pesto, bow tie pasta, spinach and lemon. Perfect to pack into a jar for a picnic! Great meal prep idea for light dinner or lunch!
- 1.5 cup bow tie pasta cooked according to manufacturer instructions
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup pesto homemade or store-bought
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese optional
- Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Drain and cool to room temperature. (See notes for refrigerating at this step).
- Add beans, lemon zest and pesto and stir in until incorporated. Add spinach and gently toss together.
- Serve immediately or divide into containers.
- Keep for up to 3 days.
If making the pasta a day ahead, cool to room temperature. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons lemon juice and stir in. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
This post was originally published on June 22nd, 2015 and updated on June 5th, 2019.