This Peanut Dressing is creamy, flavorful and made with simple ingredients. Perfect with salads, stir fries or as a dipping sauce for chicken or pork!
If you have never had peanut dressing, you are in for a treat! This recipe is quick, easy and bursting with flavors. In Thai cooking, you wan to have a balance of hot, sour, salty, sweet and savory. The ingredients for this salad dressing have them all. If you cook Asian dishes often, you probably already have them all in your pantry.
- peanut butter: I used the creamy kind
- soy sauce: I recommend low-sodium
- vinegar: I used rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- sugar: I used white sugar but brown sugar or honey work too
- lime juice
- sriracha: for a little heat
- salt and pepper
- warm water
How to make Peanut Dressing?
- Place all ingredients (except water) in a small food processor or a mixing bowl.
- Process until smooth or whisk well. The dressing will be thick. Add a little bit of warm water and whisk again. Repeat until you reach desired consistency.
- Use right away or store in the fridge for later.
- It helps to heat up the peanut butter. It will be more liquid which makes it easier to whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Use fresh garlic and ginger for the best flavors.
- Add warm water last until you reach desired consistency.
I recommend storing this dressing in a glass container with a lid. It will keep well for up to 2 weeks.
More homemade sauce and dressing recipes:
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Aioli
- Yum Yum Sauce
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water warm
- Add all ingredients (except water) to a small food processor or blender OR a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add a little bit of water at a time and whisk until the dressing has desired consistency.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I used smooth peanut butter but if you want crunch in your dressing, use crunchy peanut butter.
- Heating up peanut butter makes it liquid and easy to mix in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Taste the dressing after mixing and add more sriracha if needed.
- Typical serving of a salad dressing is 2 tablespoons.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.