This Yum Yum Sauce is a popular Japanese steakhouse sauce made from scratch. Made with mayonnaise, tomato sauce, butter and seasoning, it could not be easier to make!
It’s perfect served with hibachi chicken, shrimp or veggies. This homemade sauce is so much better than a store-bought kind!
Yum Yum Sauce is a delicious condiment typically served in Japanese steakhouse restaurants. This creamy sauce is made with simple ingredients most likely already in your pantry. It tastes tangy, yet slightly sweet and absolutely delicious on chicken, pork, shrimp or veggies. We even use it as a dipping sauce for fries and a topping on burgers. Once you try it, you will be obsessed too!
- mayo: I used the olive oil version
- tomato paste: recommended but you can use ketchup too
- butter: unsalted, melted
- seasoning: salt, paprika, garlic powder
- sugar: to balance out the tanginess from tomato sauce; if you use ketchup, skip the sugar as ketchup is already sweet
- water: used to thin out the sauce to the desired consistency
How to make Yum Yum Sauce?
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix or whisk until smooth.
- Taste and add more spices for taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the best flavor.
This sauce needs to be stored in a fridge. It will keep well for up to 5 days in a container with a lid.
Yum Yum Sauce uses:
- as a topping for hibachi chicken
- drizzled over hibachi fried rice
- dipping sauce for vegetables
More Asian sauce recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Asian Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
This Yum Yum Sauce is a popular Japanese steakhouse sauce made from scratch. Made with mayonnaise, tomato sauce, butter and seasoning, it could not be easier to make! It’s perfect served with hibachi chicken, shrimp or veggies. This homemade sauce is so much better than a store-bought kind!
- 8 oz mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or ketchup
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Place all ingredients in a bowl.
Mix or whisk together until smooth.
Cover the bowl and place in a fridge for at least 2 hours for best flavor.
- If you use ketchup, skip the sugar since ketchup is already sweet.
- Add more water if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.