This easy Stir Fry Sauce is made from scratch, with just five ingredients. It's perfect with any meat and vegetables you choose for your stir fry!
I use this sauce to make my Ramen Stir Fry or Chicken Chow Mein. It's great to have on hand and use to add flavor to a simple dish. For meatless meals, make my Vegetable Stir Fry!
Homemade sauces are my jam. I really enjoy making my own sauces that I can use for various dishes. This easy Chinese Stir Fry Sauce is my new addition. It takes only minutes to whip up and it's ready to be simmered with vegetables and meat. This recipe makes enough sauce for one dinner, for 4 people. All you need it one pound of meat (of your choice), 2 to 4 cups of chopped vegetables, rice or noodles and this sauce to make a quick and flavorful meal.
- low-sodium soy sauce
- rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- sesame oil (optional but recommended)
- brown sugar or honey
If your dish does not call for minced garlic and grated ginger, feel free to add these to the sauce mixture as well.
How to make Stir Fry Sauce?
- Simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl or a glass measuring cup.
- Whisk well.
- Add to sauteed veggies with cooked chicken, shrimp or ground beef. Simmer until thickened.
This sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in a fridge. If you add the cornstarch right away, it can settle at the bottom of your container. Simply shake the jar or whisk the sauce before adding to your dish.
More easy Asian sauce recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Asian Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Stir Fry Sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake OR whisk together in a small bowl or a glass measuring cup.
- Store in the fridge or use immediately, by adding to sauteed veggies and meat. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- I recommend low-sodium soy sauce for this recipe to control the saltiness of the sauce.
- Sesame oil is highly recommended. It will add that distinct Asian flavor to your sauce.
- If your dish does not call for minced garlic and grated or ground ginger, add at least ½ teaspoon of each to the sauce.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
I love this stir fry sauce! It's so flavorful! And it goes amazingly with your Chicken Chow Mein recipe! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
Thank you so much, Audrey!
Beth Pierce says
This is such a flavor filled sauce and so delicious on top of stir fry. I love it!! Thank you!
OMG this stir fry was AMAZING!!
Laura Reese says
I love homemade sauces! This one is delicious and so easy.