This quick Ramen Stir Fry is a super affordable dinner or lunch idea that comes together in 15 minutes! All you need is ramen noodles, vegetables and stir fry sauce.
Did you know you can turn a package of Ramen noodles into a flavorful stir fry? It is very versatile and it takes only 15 minutes to make! Use any veggies you have and keep it vegetarian, or add chicken, shrimp or beef and make it more filling.
- ramen noodles (seasoning packet discarded)
- olive oil
- cabbage (or slaw mix)
- stir fry sauce
How to make Ramen Stir Fry:
- Start by heating up oil in a pan. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped peppers and onion. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and carrots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add sauce and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cook ramen noodles in hot water. Drain and add to veggies.
- Toss everything together.
- add protein: ground beef, cubed chicken or shrimp works great
- use other veggies: mushrooms, bok choy, water chestnuts, broccoli, bamboo shoots, snow peas, spinach or kale
- spicy: add sriracha or Gochujang sauce
Any leftovers should be stored in a container with lid, in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can easily reheat this stir fry in a microwave or a skillet. Add a splash of water or stir fry, if needed.
More easy Asian dinners:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Ramen Stir Fry
for the stir fry
- 2 packages Instant Ramen noodles seasoning packets discarded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow or white onion
- 2 cups green cabbage or slaw mix
- ½ cup grated carrots
for the sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Heat up both oils in a large pan. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes, stirring often.1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Add chopped peppers and onion. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.½ red bell pepper, ½ green bell pepper, ½ yellow bell pepper, 1 medium yellow or white onion
- Add cabbage and carrots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.2 cups green cabbage, ½ cup grated carrots
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add sauce to veggies and simmer for 3 minutes.¼ cup low sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Boil water in a medium pot. Add ramen noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Drain immediately. Drain and add to veggies.2 packages Instant Ramen noodles
- Toss everything together and serve. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- Add protein like ground beef, cubed chicken or shrimp.
- If you don't have ramen noodles, you can use thin spaghetti.