This easy Shrimp Stir Fry recipe is made with fresh shrimp, veggie mix and stir fry sauce, all done in 15 minutes. Perfect dinner for busy weeknights!
One of the easiest dinners you can make it hands down stir fry. It’s so versatile and it all cooks in just one pan. This recipe calls for fresh shrimp and a colorful mix of vegetables. Everything is bound together with a super simple stir fry sauce. Dinner is done and on the table in 15 minutes!
- medium or jumbo shrimp (deveined)
- red bell pepper
- orange bell pepper
- yellow onion
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- brown sugar
- fresh garlic
- fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How to make stir fry with shrimp?
- Remove shells and rinse shrimp. Pat with paper towel.
- Steam broccoli in a microwave.
- Heat up olive oil in a skillet.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes per side, until nice and pink.
- Remove shrimp onto a plate and set aside.
- Add more oil to pan.
- Add veggies to pan and saute until soft.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and add to pan.
- Simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Add shrimp and steamed broccoli.
- Simmer everything together for 2 minutes.
Can I use frozen vegetables to make this?
Yes! If using frozen, thaw them out. Since they will have quite a bit of moisture with them, sauteing them will not work. You can simply pour the sauce into the pan and simmer until it starts to thicken. Then add veggies and cook until heated through. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Serve.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
This stir fry can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. It’s best to keep it in a container with lid.
Other vegetables you can use:
- snow peas
- water chestnuts
- baby corn
More Asian dinner recipes:
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken
- Shrimp Tempura
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Asian Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
This easy Shrimp Stir Fry recipe is made with fresh shrimp, veggie mix and stir fry sauce, all done in 15 minutes. Serve it with rice or noodles.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 16 oz shrimp I used medium size, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots sliced thinly or into strips
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Heat up one tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
Remove shrimp onto a plate and set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil into skillet.
Add veggies (except broccoli) and saute until soft.
Steam broccoli in microwave (place it in a bowl and add 1/4 cup of water; microwave for 2 minutes; drain and use).
Whisk sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add to veggies and bring to simmer.
When the sauce starts to thicken, add broccoli and shrimp and stir in. Simmer until everything is heated through.
Serve over rice or noodles.
Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- You can use other veggies, like mushrooms, snow peas, cauliflower florets, etc.