10-Minute Garlic Noodles – a flavorful takeout dish made with just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes! You will love it on its own or served with chicken, shrimp or pork.
One of the easiest Asian dishes to make is hands down this one: Garlic Noodles. If you are tired of rice, or just want something new, this flavorful stir-fried noodle dish is just what you need! We love to serve it as is or alongside baked salmon, teriyaki chicken or pork. It’s flavorful and rich thanks to the fresh garlic sauteed in oil and butter until it’s crispy and sweet. Addition of soy sauce and sesame oil adds depth and richness and true Asian flavors. The dish takes as long to make as the noodles cook!
Garlic Noodles Recipe Ingredients:
- noodles (spaghetti, Angel hair or Asian noodles)
- olive oil
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- Parmesan cheese
How to make Garlic Noodles?
- Place noodles in boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Start by heating up olive oil and melting butter in large skillet.
- Stir often and watch the garlic. It should be golden. If sauteed too long, it will turn bitter.
Add more flavor
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil to sauteed garlic and stir. The mixture should be very fragrant.
- Add cooked, drained noodles to the pan and toss with garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over noodles and serve.
- This dish can be served as is or as a side dish to Baked Teriyaki Salmon, shrimp or Teriyaki Chicken (in place of rice).
Do you need the oyster sauce to make garlic noodles?
Oyster sauce is a classic ingredient used in Asian restaurants to make garlic noodles. However, if you are cooking at home and know you won’t use it much, you can skip it. I prefer the combination of soy sauce and sesame oil. You can also add a teaspoon of sugar or honey. The recipe below is my preferred version.
More Easy Takeout Recipes to make at home:
For more recipes like this, feel free to browse our Asian category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
A flavorful takeout dish made with just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes! You will love it on its own or served with chicken, shrimp or pork.
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 7 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to instructions on the box. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil. Add butter and let melt.
- Add minced garlic and saute, stirring often. Watch it so it won't burn. It should be golden after 3 to 4 minutes. If you burn it, it will be bitter.
- Turn off the heat under the skillet. Add soy sauce and sesame oil into the pan. Stir.
- Add noodles and toss everything together.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
You may notice that I don't use oyster sauce in this recipe. Oyster sauce is a classic ingredient used in Asian restaurants to make garlic noodles. However, if you are cooking at home and know you won't use it much, you can skip it. I prefer the combination of soy sauce and sesame oil.