Skinny Orange Chicken Recipe – quick and easy Asian dish with chicken in citrus sauce. Perfect served with rice and steamed vegetables.
If you are a fan of quick takeout inspired dinners, like my Quick and Easy Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls, you will love this Skinny Orange Chicken. I skipped the heavy breading and frying the meat to simply saute it in oil and then simmer in a delicious honey orange sauce. It’s easy yet bursting in flavor. Perfect quick meal for busy weekdays!
SKINNY ORANGE CHICKEN
This Skinny Orange Chicken is as quick and easy as browning the chicken, mixing the sauce ingredients in one bowl and letting everything simmer together. Serve with my Perfect Fluffy Rice and steamed vegetables, like broccoli or Asian vegetable mix for a simple yet flavorful meal. You can use this recipe for meal prep and keep portions in the fridge for up to 4 days.
HOW TO MAKE SKINNY ORANGE CHICKEN?
- Start by dicing the chicken into bite-size pieces. You can use boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or a measuring cup, combine orange juice, honey (or brown sugar), soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and orange zest. Whisk well. Add cornstarch and whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat up olive oil in a skillet. Add chicken and cook until done and starts to brown. Add sauce to pan and cook on medium-low heat until it thickens.
- Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ORANGE CHICKEN?
You can serve this Skinny Orange Chicken with rice and steamed broccoli, as shown on the photos. You can add Asian vegetable mix right to the pan with chicken and sauce, stir fry style. You can skip the rice and serve the saucy chicken in lettuce wraps for even healthier, low-carb meal.
CAN I MAKE THIS ORANGE CHICKEN AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! You can make this Skinny Orange Chicken two ways: cook the chicken, cool completely and store in a container, in your fridge. In the same time, cook the sauce in a saucepan and keep in a jar in the fridge. When ready, heat up everything together in a skillet and serve over rice. You can also follow the recipe and cook chicken and sauce together, cool completely and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. The sauce will thicken so you may need to add a little water to it while reheating.
MORE ASIAN DINNER RECIPES:
SKINNY ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE
Quick and easy Asian dish with chicken in citrus sauce. Perfect served with rice and steamed vegetables.
More easy takeout recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat up olive oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until done and it starts to brown.
- In a mixing bowl or measuring glass cup, whisk together orange juice, honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, orange zest and cornstarch. Whisk well.
- Add to chicken and cook on medium-low heat until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and rice or in lettuce cups.
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe.
The nutrition value does not include rice and broccoli.