Honey Lemon Chicken Rice Bowls Recipe – quick and easy dinner idea that’s better than takeout! This sweet and tangy chicken makes for perfect meal prep.
HONEY LEMON CHICKEN RICE BOWLS
I am so excited to share my new favorite meal prep and rice bowl recipe. This Honey Lemon Chicken is sweet, tangy and absolutely delicious! If you are a big fan of my Quick Teriyaki Chicken, you will love this recipe. I cannot get over how absolutely delicious the honey lemon sauce is in this dish. I used lemon zest and juice in it so it’s flavorful. This dish is quick and easy and you can pack it into meal prep containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Perfect lunch or dinner idea with a ton of flavor thanks to the honey-lemon combo with a hint of ginger.
How to make Honey Lemon Chicken?
This recipe could not be easier.
- Cook chicken in pan with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, whisk together lemon juice, zest, honey, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, ground ginger and cornstarch. Pour over chicken and cook until thickened.
- That’s it! Serve this delicious chicken with rice and steamed vegetables, like broccoli or Asian stir fry mix. I love to add slices of lemon right into the chicken cooking in sauce. Also, you can sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the ready dish.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes! You can serve this Honey Lemon Chicken right away or place in meal prep containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days. After cooking the chicken and sauce, cool completely before placing in containers.
More Dishes Like this:
- Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
- Easy Cashew Chicken
- Easy Asian Takeout Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Francese
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Quick and easy dinner idea that's better than takeout! This sweet and tangy chicken makes for a perfect meal prep.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat up oil in a skillet. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until chicken is done.
- In a small mixing bowl or a measuring cup, whisk together honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, ginger, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and cornstarch. Pour sauce over chicken and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately or cool and move to meal prep containers. Store in fridge for up to 4 days.
Serve this chicken with 1/2 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of steamed vegetable per serving.
The calorie count for chicken, sauce, broccoli and rice is 801 calories per serving.