This is Lemon Ricotta Pasta is the best, easy and perfect for vegetarian dinners. Fettuccine in creamy lemon ricotta sauce, with spinach and garlic, is served with toasted breadcrumbs for a contrast of textures and added flavor!
If you ever doubted that a handful of simple ingredients can turn into an impressive dish, doubt no more! This Lemon Ricotta Pasta has three main ingredients (as the title suggests) and can be customized to likings. I added spinach, garlic (sliced and sauteed until crispy), and my favorite pasta topping: toasted bread crumbs!
This dinner is perfect for meatless Mondays or simply when you need something easy but with tons of flavor. Great for busy weekdays or when entertaining guests. This pasta dish never fails to impress!
The toasted bread crumbs as garnish make a huge difference. They can take a boring pasta to a new level! They add crunch and nutty, toasty flavor. Perfect in this dish!
- pasta (I used fettuccine)
- Ricotta cheese
- olive oil
- spinach (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How to make Lemon Ricotta Pasta?
- Start by cooking pasta in a pot of boiling water, until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then drain pasta. Keep warm.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning and toast until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add oil and butter to the same pan. Add sliced garlic and saute, stirring often, until golden.
- Add spinach. Saute until wilted.
- Add ricotta, lemon juice and zest. Stir in until creamy.
- Add pasta and Parmesan cheese. Stir in to coat.
- Serve with more Parmesan cheese and toasted breadcrumbs garnish.
- gluten-free: use GF pasta and bread crumbs
- add protein: beans, chicken or shrimp can be added as well
- more veggies: add sun-dried tomatoes, kale, red bell pepper, etc
Any leftovers should be stored in a container with a lid, in the fridge for up to 4 days. If reheating in a pan, add water or milk to make the pasta creamy again.
More easy pasta recipes:
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Garlic Butter Mushroom Shrimp Pasta
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Easy Shrimp Scampi
- Creamy Zucchini Pasta
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Pasta Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Best Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 6 oz whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water, until al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then drain pasta. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over it and stir in, this will keep it from sticking. Keep warm.8 oz fettuccine pasta
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add bread crumbs and Italian seasoning and toast until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.2 tablespoons butter, ¼ cup bread crumbs, ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In the same pan, melt remaining butter with oil. Add thinly sliced garlic and fry until golden brown and crispy.1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 garlic cloves
- Add spinach and stir in. Cook until wilted.1 cup fresh spinach
- Add lemon juice, zest and ricotta cheese. Stir in. Cook until creamy.1 lemon, 6 oz whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Add pasta to skillet and stir in to coat with sauce. Add half of pasta water and stir in. If needed, add more.
- Add cheese and stir in. Season with salt and pepper.½ cup Parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Serve pasta garnished with toasted bread crumbs, and more Parmesan cheese.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- For more protein, beans, chicken or shrimp can be added as well.