Instant Pot Pork Chops – juicy chops cooked in the pressure cooker with onion mushrooms gravy. Perfect easy recipe with boneless pork chops.
The gravy is a very flavorful bonus! This time, I pressure cooked boneless pork chops and simmered them in mushroom onion gravy, all in my Instant Pot. Best idea ever! These pork chops are tender and flavorful. You will love the rich gravy, perfect to pour all over the chops and mashed potatoes too!
- boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- chicken stock
- soy sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- On saute mode, add olive oil and butter and let melt.
- Add pork chops and sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove onto a plate.
- Add more oil to Instant Pot. Add chopped onion and garlic. Sautee, stirring often. Add mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot. This makes sure the flavor is in the dish and you won’t get a burn message.
- Add remaining ingredients. Place pork chops in the liquid. Close the lid, set the valve to the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the timer to 8 minutes.
- When the timer is up, press the “cancel/off” button and let the pressure release naturally, meaning do not switch the valve.
- Remove pork chops onto a plate.
- Press saute setting on your Instant Pot. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to liquid in the pot and cook until thickened. Place pork chops back into the gravy. Let the dish cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve.
If you are searing the chops before pressure cooking, you only need to cook them for 8 to 9 minutes. ALWAYS let the pressure release naturally when cooking meat, for the best results. Otherwise, your meat can be tough and dry.
Can I use bone-in pork chops in this recipe?
Yes! You can use center-cut pork chops with bone, but increase the cooking time to 17 minutes.
We loved these smothered pork chops with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli. Perfect weekend dinner for a whole family! You can serve them with wide egg noodles, fluffy rice or mashed cauliflower for a low carb version!
More pork recipes:
- Garlic Butter Mushroom Pork Chops
- Braised Pork Chops with Potatoes
- Instant Pot Kalua Pork
- BBQ Instant Pot Ribs
- Best Instant Pot Pulled Pork
For more recipes using the digital pressure cooker, feel free to browse our Instant Pot Category. Also, check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance! Seeing BURN message on your IP? Read my Instant Pot Burn Message post to learn why and how to save your dish.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
These Instant Pot Pork Chops are cooked in the Instant Pot with onion mushrooms gravy. Perfect easy recipe with boneless chops, served with mashed potatoes and roasted veggies.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Start by seasoning pork chops with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, on both sides.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode. Wait until the display shows HOT. Add olive oil and butter and let melt. Add pork chops and sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pork chops onto a plate and set aside.
- Add more oil to Instant Pot. Add chopped onion and garlic. Sautee for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot (scrape any cooked on bits). This makes sure the flavor is in the dish and you won't get a burn message.
- Add remaining stock, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Place pork chops in the liquid. Close the lid, set the valve to sealing position. Press manual button and set timer to 8 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- When the timer is up, press the "cancel/off" button and let the pressure release naturally, meaning do not switch the valve. When the pin drops, carefully open the lid away from your face.
- Remove pork chops onto a plate. Press saute setting on your Instant Pot. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Add to liquid in the pot. Simmer until thickened. Place pork chops back into gravy. Press "cancel/off" button. Let the dish cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then serve.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- You can skip the mushrooms in this recipe.
- You can add 1/4 cup of heavy cream to make the gravy creamy.