Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta - restaurant style pasta dish made in 30-minutes! Bacon, chicken, mushrooms, red pepper and spinach with fettuccine and tossed in garlic cream sauce.
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN PASTA
Perfectly cooked fettuccine tossed with meat and veggies and covered in a creamy sauce is our go-to favorite meal and it just happens to be ridiculously easy to make. Busy parents like us love it! I have been making carbonara or mushroom fettuccine for years but only recently, feeling a little creative in the kitchen, I started adding a few more ingredients to it. Just a tiny bit more pizzazz. Bacon and chicken in pasta is out of this world.
You won't need any oil to cook the chicken because the bacon will release it's own. Mushrooms and garlic are a match made in heaven and the fragrance of both of them simmering in the pan is one of my favorites! The spinach and red pepper is an unexpected addition but oh-so-delicious. Besides, you need some veggies too.
What do you need to make this recipe (your shopping list):
- fettuccine pasta
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- white mushrooms
- red bell pepper
- heavy cream
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta?
- Start by cooking pasta in a pot with water, until al dente.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until almost crispy.
- Season chicken and add to bacon. Cook until no longer pink.
- Remove meat onto a plate and add butter to the pan.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add pepper and spinach and cook together for a few minutes.
- Add chicken and bacon and stir in cream.
- Toss in pasta and stir everything together.
Can I make this pasta ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this pasta and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in pan or microwave. You may need to add a little bit of chicken stock because the noodles will absorb the sauce.
What to serve with this pasta dish?
My favorite side to serve with any pasta dish is my One-Hour Skillet Focaccia and if I am in a hurry, the Garlic Butter Cheesy Breadsticks are super fast to make. You can serve my Perfect Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons and have a full delicious meal.
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta uncooked
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1" pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach 2 hand-fulls
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add chicken and stirring often, cook until done. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and melt. Add garlic and mushrooms and sautee until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add pepper and spinach and cook stirring often until spinach is wilted.
- Add cream and stir. Add chicken and bacon and stir all together.
- Cook until the cream starts to thicken.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.