Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta - restaurant style pasta dish made in 30-minutes! Bacon, chicken, mushrooms, red pepper and spinach with fettuccine and tossed in garlic cream sauce.
Easy pasta dinners are the best for busy weeknights, like my Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta with a side of Garlic Butter Breadsticks.
CREAMY MUSHROOM CHICKEN PASTA
Perfectly cooked fettuccine tossed with meat and veggies and covered in a creamy sauce is our go-to favorite meal and it just happens to be ridiculously easy to make. Busy parents like us love it! I have been making carbonara or mushroom fettuccine for years but only recently, feeling a little creative in the kitchen, I started adding a few more ingredients to it. Just a tiny bit more pizzazz. Bacon and chicken in pasta is out of this world.
You won't need any oil to cook the chicken because the bacon will release it's own. Mushrooms and garlic are a match made in heaven and the fragrance of both of them simmering in the pan is one of my favorites! The spinach and red pepper is an unexpected addition but oh-so-delicious. Besides, you need some veggies too.
What do you need to make this recipe (your shopping list):
- fettuccine pasta
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- white mushrooms
- red bell pepper
- heavy cream
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta?
- Start by cooking pasta in a pot with water, until al dente.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until almost crispy.
- Season chicken and add to bacon. Cook until no longer pink.
- Remove meat onto a plate and add butter to the pan.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add pepper and spinach and cook together for a few minutes.
- Add chicken and bacon and stir in cream.
- Toss in pasta and stir everything together.
Can I make this pasta ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this pasta and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in pan or microwave. You may need to add a little bit of chicken stock because the noodles will absorb the sauce.
What to serve with this pasta dish?
My favorite side to serve with any pasta dish is my One-Hour Skillet Focaccia and if I am in a hurry, the Garlic Butter Cheesy Breadsticks are super fast to make. You can serve my Perfect Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons and have a full delicious meal.
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
Garlic Butter Mushroom Shrimp Pasta
Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta uncooked
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1" pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach 2 hand-fulls
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add chicken and stirring often, cook until done. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and melt. Add garlic and mushrooms and sautee until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add pepper and spinach and cook stirring often until spinach is wilted.
- Add cream and stir. Add chicken and bacon and stir all together.
- Cook until the cream starts to thicken.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
This has all of my favorite things in one dish! Made it for the family and they loved it!
Thank you so much, Suzy!
My family loved this! Thanks so much!
Fantastic! Thank you, Melissa!
I loved how easy this was to make and the flavor was out of this world! Sure to be a repeater!
I am so excited to make this for my family!! We love pasta with chicken & the moment I saw bacon, I knew they'd love it!
Who can say no to bacon, right? 😀 Thanks, Kristyn!
Sara Welch says
Such a flavorful and easy recipe! This has quickly become a family favorite recipe in our home!
That's awesome! Thank you, Sara!
Sheena R. says
This was really yummy!! My husband who HATES fettuccine Alfredo and all things like it LOVED this dish. He even asked for seconds. I accidentally used half and half rather then heavy cream buy cornstarch helped to thicken it right up. Thank you!!
Hi Sheena! Oh wow! That is wonderful! I am so happy to know you and your husband love this Alfredo! Also, I often use half and half too. Have a beautiful weekend! -Anna
Oh now I know what I make for dinner today! 😀 This looks mouth-watering! Creamy, easy and filling, who wants more? Great recipe! - Love, Anna
Wendy ONeal says
Lovely pasta dish. And I'm totally diggin' that pan!!!
Quality pans make such a difference, and I love that these are made in America!
This pasta looks perfect for dinner tonight! Love that creamy sauce and anything that has bacon in it is a winner in my book!
What a gorgeous pasta dish! I'll take mine with extra bacon please 😉
YES! Thanks, Rachel! 😀
I am pretty sure I like your husband. Pasta is what I could eat for dinner almost every day. This looks so creamy and delicious!
Haha! Thanks so much, Erin!
This pasta looks like its from a fancy Italian restaurant! Love all the flavors!
It really does! Thanks, Katalina!
Pasta is always a winner in my book and that creamy sauce? YES!
Thank you, Melanie!
OH WOW! That looks amazing I think I will need extra. LOTS of extra!!
Haha! Thanks, Kate!
Pasta is always a popular choice around here too! This looks like such a satisfying, delicious dish. A little bacon can never hurt a situation 🙂
Never! It only makes it better! 😀 Thanks, Valerie!
Ginny McMeans says
Love one pot meals and that pot! 🙂 Thanks fore such a quick and hearty meal. It is one perfect dish for the hubby.
You guys are going to love it! Thanks, Ginny!
This looks amazing--all for new easy to make pasta recipes! My family will love this!
Thank you, Katie!
I will be making this - I cannot think of anything more delicious and comforting to eat during this rainy week!
I also need to check out these pans! I haven't had a non-stick for years due to bad experiences of them flaking and ugh, no one wants to feed their families food filled with scary pan-flaked-chemicals!
Yes! My thoughts exactly! Thanks, Laura! 😀
Love the creaminess factor here- also the savory flavor of the mushrooms is to die for 🙂