Creamy Dill Chicken Pasta - quick weeknight dinner idea that a whole family will love!
I can't stop with the pasta dishes. They are just so easy and everyone loves them! It's easy to add seasonal flavors to them. In this one, I used dill. My very favorite herb. When I was little, my mom had bunches of it growing in our garden and it would often appear in her dishes. I love the fragrance of fresh dill. There is nothing like it!
I have a big bunch of dill and I have been using it for the past few days in almost everything I made. Except the fabulous rice krispies treats (recipe coming soon!). Because dill in a dessert? Well, let's just not go there. Anyhow, I've added it to a dip and added it to a a biscuit dough. Then this pasta dish happened. I even took a bunch and it's currently air-drying so I can have my homemade dried dill that I will put in a little spice jar.
As you can see, I am obsessed with dill.
Creamy Dill Chicken Pasta
- 6 oz . dried linguine pasta
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 5 to 6 chicken tenderloins or 2 breast halves of 1 large breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 2 c milk I used 2%
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- ½ c grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the packaging. Drain, keep warm.
- Cut the chicken tenderloins into 2" cubes.
- Mix salt, pepper and flour in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken with flour mixture.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in batches, to cook through and brown on all sides.
- Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed.
- Add garlic to the saucepan and sautee for 30 seconds.
- Mix milk and cornstarch together in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually, add milk mixture to the saucepan, whisking constantly. Let the sauce thicken up before adding more milk. Repeat until you used all of the milk.
- Return chicken to the sauce. Add dill and Parmesan and stir it all in to coat.
- Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days.
Curry and Comfort says
What a cozy dish to enjoy... as winter still hangs on even through the beginning of spring.
Courtney @ Neighborfood says
I can't wait until summer when I'll just be able to pluck some dill from the garden. It's definitely going on everything!
Serena Bakes Simply says
This looks amazing Anna! I love all things dill too and this pasta looks delish!
Georgia The Comfort of Cooking says
What a wonderful, creamy and delicious looking dinner! This is going on my menu for sure - thanks, Anna!
I don't do enough cooking with dill! This sounds so good, Anna!
Chelsea@ chelseasmessyapron says
What a great dinner recipe! I love dill but rarely have it, so this is perfect. You take the most beautiful pictures Anna!
Thank you, Chelsea!
I love this dish! It's so quick and easy for the weeknights! I am also all about dill. And carbs. And chicken. So, this. Pinned!
lol Thanks, Taylor!
Oh Ana, that pasta looks incredibly delicious. I love the addition of dill, what a flavour booster!
I think you like dill... 😉 This dish sounds so good, though. I am all about the pasta - we have it thrice a week, and I really do appreciate a recipe that adds new twists to it!
Gintare @Gourmantine says
Perfect indeed for quick weeknight fixes!
Thank you so much for the new dinner idea, Anna. I'll be trying this tomorrow night 🙂 I have a whole container of dill but I never see it in recipes, so I'm excited to try this!
Thank you, Karen! You will love this dish! Also, you can try my drop biscuits recipe and add dill to it too! Let me know what you think about the pasta dish!