Avocado Dip - creamy dip with ripe avocados, garlic, lime juice, sour cream, red onions and spices. This dip is made in a food processor in just minutes!
We enjoy this dip on tacos, enchiladas or simply with chips, just like my Bacon Guacamole or Avocado Tuna Salad.
As much as we love good guacamole, we love this creamy Avocado Dip even more! It's smooth and creamy and absolutely delicious! I serve it with chips for movie night or as a topping for tacos or enchiladas. It's a hit with adults and kids! This dip requires just a handful of ingredients and is made in a food processor in a couple of minutes.
- ripe avocados
- sour cream
- ground cumin
- lime juice
- red onion
- cilantro or parsley
- salt and pepper
How to make it?
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place dip in a bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Can I make it ahead of time?
You can make this dip up to 2 days in advance and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
You can serve this dip with tortilla chips, veggie sticks, cucumber slices or as a topping on tacos, enchiladas, chili. I even use it as a spread on a toast or veggie wraps.
The best way to store this dip is to cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and press it onto the surface of the dip. This will prevent it from browning. Store the dip in the fridge for up to 2 days.
More easy appetizer recipes:
For more recipes like this, feel free to browse our Appetizer Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley See note
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape the sides of the machine.
- Pour the dip into a bowl and serve right away or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate.
- I do not like the taste of cilantro so I always use parsley.
Yum - we added it to our tacos and everyone really loved it! I will make it it again soon!
Yay! Thank you, Melissa!
I love making avocado dip! So fresh creamy and delicious!
Thank you, Valentina!
This is so smooth & creamy & so darn good! I could like the bowl clean!!
Right? I am totally obsessed! Thanks so much, Kristyn!
Julie Blanner says
This looks so good! We love making walking tacos and this looks like a perfect addition.
It's fantastic! I hope you will give it a try, Julie!
I love how creamy this comes out! We love adding it to tacos!
Thanks so much, Beth!