Spinach Artichoke Dip - hot and cheesy and everything a good dip should be! This classic is filled with spinach and artichokes and topped with mozzarella cheese. This is a must-make for any party!
Use this dip and turn it into Spinach Artichoke Dip Slides for a geat appetize or Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta for a full meal.
The famous spinach artichoke dip is a must for any party. The fact that it's so easy to whip up, makes it a great last-minute appetizer when you are in a pinch. You can bake it in the oven or cook it in your slow cooker. Add jalapenos and pepper Jack cheese for a spicy version. This dip is a fail-proof appetizer for a game day, holidays, get-togethers and parties!
Ingredients (you shopping list):
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- dry Ranch dressing mix
- artichokes (in a can or a jar)
- spinach (fresh or frozen)
- black pepper
- mozzarella cheese
Step by step instructions
This is one of the easiest dips you can make. Simply combine all ingredients and bake!
Step 1: combine ingredients
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, starting with cream cheese, mayo, sour cream and Ranch dressing mix. Then add spinach and artichokes and stir in gently.
Step 2: add cheese and bake
Sprinkle freshly shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the dip and place the dish in the preheated oven. Bake until bubbly around the edges.
- cream cheese: make sure the cream cheese is softened. It will mix better and make for a smooth and creamy dip.
- cheese: use freshly grated cheese; it melts better.
- spinach: if using frozen spinach, you have to defrost it and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. If using fresh, it's helpful to chop it roughly.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Absolutely! Prepare the dip mixture and store in a bowl, in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve it, place it in a baking dish, top with cheese and bake.
Can I make it in a crockpot?
Yes! Add the dip mixture to your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
Since this dip is made with dairy products, it needs to be refrigerated until you are ready to bake it and serve it. Any leftovers should be placed in a container with lid and stored in the fridge.
- add diced red or green bell pepper
- spicy: add diced jalapenos and use pepper Jack cheese instead of mozzarella
- no mayo: skip the mayonnaise and use more sour cream
- use kale instead of spinach
More dip recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Appetizer Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, 1 pkg
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 14 oz can of artichokes drained and chopped, I used quartered in brine
- 1 pkg Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach see note for frozen
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo and sour cream until smooth. Add Ranch mix, salt, pepper and mix in well.
- Add artichokes and spinach and stir in well.
- Spread the dip mixture in an oven-safe dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes OR until the dip bubbles up on the edges and the cheese is melted.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- If you have leftovers, store in a container with lid in your fridge for up to 2 days.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate.
- If using frozen spinach, use 10 ounces, defrost and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- To make in a slow cooker: add the dip mixture to your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
This recipe was originally posted on September 18th, 2015 and updated on October 14th, 2019.
I just know this is going to be a hit in my home! So excited to try it!
Okay, this is now a staple in my home! What a delicious appetizer! We can't get enough of it!
This spinach artichoke dip recipe is so cheesy and delicious! The perfect appetizer!
I agree! It's the best!
Pam Dana says
THIS WAS A HIT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Awesome! Thank you, Pam!
Spinach & Artichoke dip is my all time favorite. This is one of the cheesiest I've seen!
This recipe is so perfect since there have been a lot of game days and sports watch parties at my house right now! Totally easy to make in bulk!
Yay for game days! Thanks so much, Trang!
This looks wonderful! I love Spinach and artichoke together, especially in a cheesy dip!
I just can't get enough cheesy comfort food in the fall. This looks sooo good Anna!