Spinach Artichoke Dip – hot and cheesy and everything a good dip should be! This classic is filled with spinach and artichokes and topped with mozzarella cheese. This is a must-make for any party!
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
The famous spinach artichoke dip is a must for any party. The fact that it’s so easy to whip up, makes it a great last-minute appetizer when you are in a pinch. You can bake it in the oven or cook it in your slow cooker. Add jalapenos and pepper Jack cheese for a spicy version. This dip is a fail-proof appetizer for a game day, holidays, get-togethers and parties!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients (you shopping list):
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- dry Ranch dressing mix
- artichokes (in a can or a jar)
- spinach (fresh or frozen)
- black pepper
- mozzarella cheese
How to make Spinach Artichoke Dip?
This is one of the easiest dips you can make. Simply combine all ingredients and bake!
Step 1: combine ingredients
Mix all ingredients in a bowl, starting with cream cheese, mayo, sour cream and Ranch dressing mix. Then add spinach and artichokes and stir in gently.
Step 2: add cheese and bake
Sprinkle freshly shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the dip and place the dish in the preheated oven. Bake until bubbly around the edges.
Tips for the Best Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- cream cheese: make sure the cream cheese is softened. It will mix better and make for a smooth and creamy dip.
- cheese: use freshly grated cheese; it melts better.
- spinach: if using frozen spinach, you have to defrost it and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. If using fresh, it’s helpful to chop it roughly.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Absolutely! Prepare the dip mixture and store in a bowl, in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you are ready to serve it, place it in a baking dish, top with cheese and bake.
Can I make this dip in a crockpot?
Yes! Add the dip mixture to your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
How to store Spinach Artichoke Dip?
Since this dip is made with dairy products, it needs to be refrigerated until you are ready to bake it and serve it. Any leftovers should be placed in a container with lid and stored in the fridge.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Variations:
- add diced red or green bell pepper
- spicy: add diced jalapenos and use pepper Jack cheese instead of mozzarella
- no mayo: skip the mayonnaise and use more sour cream
- use kale instead of spinach
More Dip Recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Appetizer Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Hot and cheesy and everything a good dip should be! This classic is filled with spinach and artichokes and topped with mozzarella cheese. This is a must-make for any party!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, 1 pkg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 14 oz can of artichokes drained and chopped, I used quartered in brine
- 1 pkg Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach see note for frozen
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo and sour cream until smooth. Add Ranch mix, salt, pepper and mix in well.
- Add artichokes and spinach and stir in well.
- Spread the dip mixture in an oven-safe dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes OR until the dip bubbles up on the edges and the cheese is melted.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- If you have leftovers, store in a container with lid in your fridge for up to 2 days.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate.
- If using frozen spinach, use 10 ounces, defrost and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- To make in a slow cooker: add the dip mixture to your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
This recipe was originally posted on September 18th, 2015 and updated on October 14th, 2019.