This Air Fryer Turkey Breast is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside! Simple ingredients make this turkey breast a show-stopper for your Thanksgiving holiday dinner.
- Why This Recipe Works
- How to cook Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer?
- Can I cook a frozen turkey in the air fryer?
- Can I cook bone-in turkey breast in the air fryer?
- Why should I make a turkey breast in the air fryer?
- What to serve with air fryer turkey breast?
- How to ensure the turkey breast is juicy?
- What can I do with turkey breast leftovers?
- More air fryer recipes:
- Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Why This Recipe Works
For the last three years, I have been making bone-in turkey breast in the Instant Pot. It's a delicious and very easy way to make it and still one of my favorite. This year, I am roasting a boneless turkey breast in my air fryer and it's a game-changer! Turkey breast (especially a boneless one) is very easy to roast.
If you decide to brine it, you won't need an extra-large pot, just a simple soup pot works. It's a great size for smaller gatherings but you can also make 2 for a larger crowd. No special technique for carving it, just slice it and serve! It's so easy!
- boneless turkey breast (mine was 3lbs)
- olive oil
- poultry herbs: thyme, rosemary, sage
- salt and pepper
How to cook Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer?
- Start by melting butter. Mix with oil, herbs, and spices.
- Brush the mixture over the turkey breast.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 6 minutes.
- Place seasoned turkey skin side down in an air fryer basket or on a rack.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip and cook for 25 minutes more OR until the meat thermometer shows 165 degrees F.
- Remove from air fryer and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Can I cook a frozen turkey in the air fryer?
The principle is the same as for baking in the oven: you don't roast frozen meat. If you didn't have time to thaw it, I recommend my recipe for Instant Pot Boneless Turkey Breast made with a frozen turkey. It's wonderful!
Can I cook bone-in turkey breast in the air fryer?
Absolutely! Choose one that is no more than 4lbs. Also, the second cooking time (after you flip the breast) will be longer, about 35 to 45 minutes. Always check the internal temperature of the meat, away from the bone, in the thickest part of the breast.
Why should I make a turkey breast in the air fryer?
The advantages of this method are multiple. First, it saves you oven space for other dishes, like green bean casserole or stuffing. The air fryer preheats quickly and does not take up much space. Second, it's a perfect serving size for a smaller gathering. We are a family of five and a 3lb turkey breast had plenty for us to eat. We didn't have many leftovers which is not a bad thing at all. Also, the air fryer has air circulating all around the meat so no more soggy bottoms. The whole turkey breast is perfectly roasted with crispy skin and juicy meat!
What to serve with air fryer turkey breast?
May I suggest the classics? We always serve our sweet potato casserole, gravy, stuffing, and green bean casserole. Cranberry sauce is a must too. If you want simple, I recommend my mashed sweet potatoes and a simple salad.
How to ensure the turkey breast is juicy?
If you can, brine the turkey. I tested the recipe with and without it and while they are both juicy, the brined turkey is extra juicy and allows you for more error space if you cook it longer (less chance of it drying out). You can follow my recipe for Turkey Brine. It's super easy to do a day before you roast the turkey breast.
What can I do with turkey breast leftovers?
I am glad you asked! I have a few of my go-to recipes using leftover turkey meat:
More air fryer recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Easy Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 3 lbs turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry herb mix rosemary, thyme, sage
- Remove turkey breast from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Let it come to room temperature.
- In the meantime, melt butter. Mix with oil, paprika, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° F for 6 minutes.
- Cut off excess skin and fat from turkey breast. Pat it dry with paper towels. Brush with butter mixture.
- Set the turkey breast skin side down in the air fryer basket or on the rack.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Flip on the other side and roast for 20 to 25 minutes more, OR until the internal temperature is at least 165° F. Always check with a meat thermometer.
- Once done, remove turkey breast from the air fryer and set it on a cutting ing board. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing or the juices will escape the meat.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and gravy or slice, chop, cool, and store in the fridge for other dishes.
- I used fresh herbs. I buy a poultry herb mix, and chop them before using in a recipe.
- I don't recommend using frozen turkey breast.
- If you want to cook bone-in turkey breast, get for a smaller size (no bigger than 4 lbs) and cook longer after flipping.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Did you take the netting off prior to putting it in the air fryer?
Hi Joe! Yes, I do. Let me know how it goes!
Tammie Rainworst says
My favorite way to make turkey breast! I used fresh herbs and it was delicious.
I am so glad! Thank you, Tammie!
Simply the best way to make a turkey breast. It comes out juicy and tender and full of flavor!
I agree! Thanks, Krystle!
Love how moist this turns out when cooking it in the air fryer! And the skin gets so wonderfully crispy! The seasoning mix is perfect. This turkey is delish!
Thank you so much, Betsy!