20-Minute Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe – quick and easy soup that’s hearty and filling. This tomato soup with cheese filled tortellini is a family favorite for sure!
Raise your hand if you love soup season too! I totally do! When the temperatures fall into wear-three-layers-of-clothes level, all I want is a big bowl of belly warming soup. Best if it’s full of flavor but quick and easy to make.
This 20-Minute Tomato Tortellini Soup is a family favorite around here. I love how quick and easy it is to whip up and my kids love the cheese filled pasta with their favorite soup. Lunch ready in 20 minutes! Done and done.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP
This is a simple twist on a classic tomato soup. Start with sauteing garlic and onion in butter or olive oil. Add Italian seasoning when the onion is just translucent. Stirring often, saute for 2 minutes. Add all the liquids and simmer the soup for about 5 minutes. Add tortellini ( I used cheese-filled tortelloni which is just a little bit bigger than tortellini but you can use any kind you like ) and cook until done, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in half and half or heavy cream if desired. Garnish with chopped parsley or fresh basil and serve.
One of the easiest ways to add flavor to a simple soup like this, is to toast the seasoning in butter, along with garlic and onion. They become fragrant and you can actually taste them. I highly recommend trying it!
To make it creamy, add 1/4 cup of heavy cream or half and half to keep it light. I also love adding spinach to the simmering soup and garnish it wish grated mozzarella soup.
SCROLL BELOW FOR THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE.
Craving more? Check out these easy soup recipes!
20-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup – a classic and loved by so many!
20-Minute Chicken Enchilada Soup – spicy and delicious!
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup from Cooking Classy
Tomato Tortellini Frittata from Melanie Makes
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 can 28oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen tortelloni or 12 oz. of tortellini
- In a large Dutch oven, heat up butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onion and saute, stirring often, until the onion is just becoming translucent.
- Add Italian seasoning and saute for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes to Dutch oven. Stir well.
- Bring to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tortellini and cook until done, about 7 minutes. Check after 5 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove soup from heat. Stir half and half or heavy cream if using.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley and/or grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese.
You can use one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil in step 1.