Rich in color and flavor, this Creamy Carrot Soup is absolutely delicious! This easy soup is bound to become a family favorite!
CREAMY CARROT SOUP
I am excited to finally share my favorite carrot soup recipe! I love that it uses a whole bag of carrots (you need 2lbs) so you won’t have leftover carrots hanging around your fridge. My go-to method of making soups is to add seasoning while the vegetables are sauteing. It’s the best way to activate the herbs and spices and infuse them into the veggies. I did that in my Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup. Just 1/4 cup of heavy cream is all you need to enrich the flavors. Serve this delicious soup with croutons, roasted chickpeas or simply garnished with parsley. This soup is perfect for lunch as well as Easter dinner.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY CARROT SOUP?
- Start by peeling and chopping carrots.
- Heat up oil in a soup pot. Add one tablespoon of butter and let melt. Add shallots and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and carrots and stir in. Add seasoning and stir in.
- Saute vegetables for 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock. Bring the mixture to boil, lower heat and simmer until carrots are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy.
- Add heavy cream and stir in.
- Serve with chopped parsley, croutons, etc.
CARROT SOUP VARIATIONS:
- add curry paste, ginger and make it Thai!
- roast carrots instead of cooking them in the liquid.
- add one potato to make the soup creamy without the heavy cream.
MORE SOUP RECIPES:
For more soup recipes, browse our Soup category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 2 shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 lb carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Peel and chop carrots. Finely chop shallots.
- Heat up oil in soup pot. Add one tablespoon of butter and melt.
- Add shallots and saute for 2 minutes. Add carrots and garlic and stir in.
- Add seasoning, stir well, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Cook until carrots are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy. Add salt, pepper and stir in.
Add heavy cream and stir in. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and let it melt. Stir in.
- Serve soup with chopped parsley, croutons, etc.