Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Recipe – one of the easiest crock pot meals you can make! Chicken thighs or breasts cooked in teriyaki sauce and served over rice. A ton of flavor with minimal prep. You will love this dinner idea!
Sometimes the best meals are quick and easy. These days I definitely need quick and easy. We are taking things further in the Crunchy Creamy Sweet family and expanding to VIDEOS! Yes, you can now watch us cook and bake so you know exactly how it all goes together. Making videos is a whole another beast that we are learning and it made us super busy. Besides, it’s winter, kids are crazy and days are short. Slow cooker comfort food to the rescue!
If you are a visual learner or simply enjoy watching cooking videos – you will love our new YouTube channel! We are working hard to shoot videos for our readers’ favorites but soon every new recipe will come with a video. YAY! We are really excited for this new adventure and hope you will join us!
SUBSCRIBE to our channel so you won’t miss a single video!
But back to this teriyaki chicken. This dish saves my busy, no wait, HECTIC days. I love my slow cooker and the fact that I can simply throw ingredients together and let them cook and be ready by dinner is fabulous! The comforting, drool-inducing smell that spreads through the house is a bonus.
For this recipe you can use skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts. I made it with both as well as a mix of both and they all came out perfect. To make a spicy version, add sriracha while shredding the chicken. A garnish of chopped green onions was my favorite. A pop of color and fresh taste – so good!
I served this teriyaki chicken with steamed veggies (you can get a stir fry veggie mix or chop fresh ones) and rice. If you want to learn how to make a perfect, fluffy rice without the rice cooker, check out our post HERE. I think we should make a video for that too!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts or mix of both
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped ginger OR 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce and vinegar. Add ginger, garlic, onion and pepper. Whisk well. Pour the mixture over chicken. Cover slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- When done, DO NOT turn off the slow cooker. Shred chicken with two forks.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk cornstarch with cold water. Add to slow cooker and stir. Let cook for 10 minutes and stir again. The mixture should thicken.
- Serve over rice with a side of steamed vegetables.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Don’t forget to check out our YouTube channel and subscribe!
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala from Creme de la Crumb
Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken from Diethood
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies from Damn Delicious