Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars - delicious and creamy pumpkin dessert for cheesecake lovers. You will love the flavors of fall in these bars!
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS
And we are back to pumpkin! And cheesecake! Which means this is a perfect dessert for this time of year. Creamy cheesecake bars with pumpkin and spice. So so good!
If you love pumpkin desserts and cheesecake - you will love these sweet and creamy bars! As you may know, I am a HUGE cheesecake fan and I love using seasonal flavors to make different variations. These pumpkin bars just had to happen. And since just last week I shared a big full size cheesecake, I thought it would be fun to make this one in a bar form.
If you ever baked something with pumpkin, you know that things can get tricky. If you put too much pumpkin, the dessert can be gummy. When it comes to cheesecake, gummy is a no no for me. It's all about the right amount of pumpkin to cream cheese ratio.
I am very particular about the texture of my cheesecakes and I didn't want these bars to loose the creaminess and the silky texture. They are lighter in color than other pumpkin cheesecakes you may have seen but they are definitely not lacking in flavor. Let's face it - pumpkin desserts are all about the spices. There is enough of them here to make this a true fall dessert. Perfect for celebrating and enjoying this season.
I left these cheesecake bars plain but feel free to dress each piece up with freshly whipped cream, a dash of cloves and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Or drizzle with chocolate ganache or melted chocolate. Whatever your heart desires!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
for the crust:
- ¾ cup crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
for the filling:
- 2 8 oz . packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree not pie filling!
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons and ½ pumpkin spice see note
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
to make the crust:
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor or blender, crush crackers until fine. Add melted butter and process till combined.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
to make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add pumpkin and mix in well.
- Add vanilla, flour, pumpkin spice and salt. Mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the filling over the baked crust. Tap the pan against the counter to release the air and get rid off air bubbles on the surface.
- Bake the cheesecake for 35 to 38 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in room temperature until completely cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 4 hours. The longer the better.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Slice and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days, in an air-tight container.
- If desired, top the bars with whipped cream, a dash of ground cloves and a drizzle of caramel sauce.