Caramel Apple Cheesecake - decadent and indulgent cheesecake with caramel apple topping. Rich and creamy and absolutely amazing!
Cheesecake - my first true love when it comes to dessert. The very first one I learned how to make, the first dessert I made for my Hubby and the one I always make for special occasions. Like holidays. It's a creamy, silky cheesecake topped with caramelized apples and caramel sauce. One decadent cheesecake for the fall season. Or any time you want a caramel apple dessert. Each bite is a pure indulgence that melts in your mouth! The apples are sweet and soft but not mushy. A dash of ground nutmeg enhances the caramel and makes the flavors even more pronounced. You may also like my new Easy Microwave Caramels recipe. It's fail-proof!
How to make Caramel Apple Cheesecake?
- Make caramel apples in skillet.
- Prepare a water bath for the cheesecake.
- Make the crust with graham cracker crumbs and bake for a few minutes.
- Make the cheesecake filling, bake in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Once done, cool completely for at least 4 hours.
- Arrange caramel apples on top and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Kitchen tools needed:
- springform pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- hand mixer
- cast iron skillet
- roasting pan or baking pan with a rim
- aluminum foil
More cheesecake recipes:
- Instant Pot Cherry Delight Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Funfetti Cheesecake Bars
- How to make a perfect cheesecake?
For more easy, decadent dessert recipes, feel free to browse our Dessert Category.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
!for the caramel apples:
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 medium apples (I like to mix them: 2 Gala apples 2 Granny Smith apples), washed, cored, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves or nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
!for the crust:
- 1 and 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
!for the filling:
- 3 pkg 8-ounce each of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3 well-beaten eggs
!to make the caramel apples:
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet.
- Add apple slices.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon and cloves.
- cook until soft but not mushy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cream.
- Pour over apples.
- Bring to bubbly over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Spoon out the apple slices onto a bowl or plate. Cool to room temperature.
- Pace the skillet with caramel sauce back on the heat and cook until thickens, about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Pour into a heat-proof jar. Cool to room temperature.
!to make the cheesecake:
- Wrap a 8" or 9" springform pan in aluminum foil and set in a roasting pan.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
!to make the crust:
- Place graham crackers in food processor and process until finely crushed.
- Add sugar and melted butter and process on low until all comes together.
- Press the crust into a 9" springform pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes in preheated oven.
- Set aside.
!to make the filling:
- Place cream cheese in food processor and process on low. Process for 15 seconds. Increase the speed to high and process for 5 seconds until smooth.
- Add sugar and process on low until combined.
- Add flour, yogurt, vanilla, spices and milk and process on low until smooth.
- Add eggs and process on low until completely incorporated.
- Pour the batter over baked crust. Tap the roasting pan on the counter few times (gentlto release any air bubbles from the batter.
- Place the pan with the springform pan in the oven. Pour enough water into the roasting pan to come at least 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan but not over the foil.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes. Replace water after first 50 minutes of baking.
- When the times is up, turn of the oven leaving the cheesecake inside for one hour. Leave the oven door slightly ajar.
- Cool the cheesecake completely on the counter.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When chilled completely, spoon the skillet caramel sauce over the cheesecake and spread evenly. Top with apple slices arranging them in a pattern. Sprinkle with a dahs of ground cloves.
- Slice and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a closed container, for up to 3 days.