Caramel Apple Cheesecake – decadent and indulgent cheesecake with caramel apple topping. Rich and creamy and absolutely amazing!
CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE
Cheesecake – my first true love when it comes to dessert. The very first one I learned how to make, the first dessert I made for my Hubby and the one I always make for special occasions. Like holidays. It’s a creamy, silky cheesecake topped with caramelized apples and caramel sauce. One decadent cheesecake for the fall season. Or any time you want a caramel apple dessert. Each bite is a pure indulgence that melts in your mouth! The apples are sweet and soft but not mushy. A dash of ground nutmeg enhances the caramel and makes the flavors even more pronounced. You may also like my new Easy Microwave Caramels recipe. It’s fail-proof!
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE?
- Make caramel apples in skillet.
- Prepare a water bath for the cheesecake.
- Make the crust with graham cracker crumbs and bake for a few minutes.
- Make the cheesecake filling, bake in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Once done, cool completely for at least 4 hours.
- Arrange caramel apples on top and drizzle with caramel sauce.
What tools do you need to make this cheesecake?
- springform pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- hand mixer
- cast iron skillet
- roasting pan or baking pan with rim
- aluminum foil
Perfect cheesecake crust:
For this dessert, I made a classic graham cracker crust yet the one that won’t crumble when cutting a slice. It’s the best! It’s all about the ratio of graham cracker crumbs to butter. If you get it right, the crust will be firm, won’t crumble but won’t be hard either. Just perfect!
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES:
No-Bake Caramel Cheesecake Mousse from Barefeet in the Kitchen
For more easy, decadent dessert recipes, feel free to browse our Dessert Category.
CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE RECIPE:
A decadent and indulgent cheesecake with caramel apple topping. Rich and creamy and absolutely amazing!
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 medium apples (I like to mix them: 2 Gala apples 2 Granny Smith apples), washed, cored, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves or nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 and 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 pkg 8-ounce each of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3 well-beaten eggs
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet.
- Add apple slices.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon and cloves.
- cook until soft but not mushy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cream.
- Pour over apples.
- Bring to bubbly over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Spoon out the apple slices onto a bowl or plate. Cool to room temperature.
- Pace the skillet with caramel sauce back on the heat and cook until thickens, about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Pour into a heat-proof jar. Cool to room temperature.
- Wrap a 8" or 9" springform pan in aluminum foil and set in a roasting pan.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place graham crackers in food processor and process until finely crushed.
- Add sugar and melted butter and process on low until all comes together.
- Press the crust into a 9" springform pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes in preheated oven.
- Set aside.
- Place cream cheese in food processor and process on low. Process for 15 seconds. Increase the speed to high and process for 5 seconds until smooth.
- Add sugar and process on low until combined.
- Add flour, yogurt, vanilla, spices and milk and process on low until smooth.
- Add eggs and process on low until completely incorporated.
- Pour the batter over baked crust. Tap the roasting pan on the counter few times (gentlto release any air bubbles from the batter.
- Place the pan with the springform pan in the oven. Pour enough water into the roasting pan to come at least 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan but not over the foil.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes. Replace water after first 50 minutes of baking.
- When the times is up, turn of the oven leaving the cheesecake inside for one hour. Leave the oven door slightly ajar.
- Cool the cheesecake completely on the counter.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When chilled completely, spoon the skillet caramel sauce over the cheesecake and spread evenly. Top with apple slices arranging them in a pattern. Sprinkle with a dahs of ground cloves.
- Slice and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a closed container, for up to 3 days.
Note: the total time does not include the chilling of the cheesecake.