Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars - sweet and creamy cheesecake bars with pumpkin, spice and caramel swirl. A must make dessert this season!
Pumpkin fans that love cheesecake, will also enjoy my Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip and the No-Bake Pumpkin Pie.
Pumpkin cheesecake bars are really high on our list of top cheesecake desserts and I know you guys love them too! I see your comments on social media and in emails you send. They are so easy to make, much faster than a whole big cheesecake and always come out sweet and creamy. This year I got caramel sauce involved in the fun and swirled it on top of the bars. Crazy good decision!
- graham crackers
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- cream cheese
- 100% pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- pumpkin pie spice (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 eggs
- caramel sauce
How to make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars?
Start with my fail-proof crust that will not crumble when you slice the cheesecake bars. Then make the batter and caramel swirls. Bake the bars, then chill for the best texture.
Step 1: make the crust
Prepare an 8" baking pan and preheat the oven. Stir crust ingredients together and press onto the bottom of the pan. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
Step 2: make the cheesecake batter
Mix cream cheese with an electric mixer, then add sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, flour, pumpkin spice and salt. Mix until the batter is creamy. Add eggs and stir in. Pour the batter over crust.
Step 3: make caramel swirl
Make caramel swirls with caramel sauce. Drop spoonfuls of the sauce into the batter, then use toothpicks to make swirls.
Step 4: bake
Bake cheesecake bars for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours, then slice.
Any dessert made with cream cheese should be stored in a refrigerator. These bars can be stored for up to 3 days. It is best to keep them covered with saran wrap or in a container with a lid.
More pumpkin dessert recipes:
- Pumpkin Lush Dessert Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Dessert Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
for the crust:
- ¾ cup crushed graham crackers
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
for the filling:
- 16 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree not pie filling!
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice see note
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 5 Tablespoons heaping of caramel sauce not from the ice cream section - see notes below
to make the crust:
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor or blender, crush crackers until fine. Add sugar and cinnamon and pulse few times. Add melted butter and process till combined.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
to make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese for 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add pumpkin and mix in well.
- Add vanilla, flour, pumpkin spice and salt. Mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the filling over the baked crust. Tap the pan against the counter to release the air and get rid off air bubbles on the surface.
- Using one tablespoon of caramel sauce at a time, make 5 straight lines on top of the batter. They don't have to be perfect, it's just a help to make the swirls.
- With a knife, make 5 lines in the batter, in the opposite direction that the caramel lines, creating swirls. One line with knife should go from top to bottom and the second line from bottom to the top. Repeat to make 5 lines.
- Bake the cheesecake for 35 to 38 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in room temperature until completely cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 to 4 hours. The longer the better.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Slice and serve. To make pretty cuts, heat up your knife under a hot tap water and dry with paper towel. Make cuts, cleaning the knife between each slice you make.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 2 days, in an air-tight container.
- If desired, top the bars with whipped cream, a dash of ground cloves and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- I highly recommend a thick caramel sauce for this recipe. The one you can find at the ice cream section in your grocery store is thin.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate.
This recipe was originally published on October 4th, 2015 and updated on October 18th, 2019.
Give me all the pumpkin goodies!! So so yummy. Thank you!
The layers in this bar look soooooo GOOD! YUM!
okay these are amazing! thank you so much!
Kara Cook says
I love caramel, so I'm going to have to add these pumpkin bars to my fall baking list. They look dreamy!
Allyson Zea says
WOW!!! These look SO SO good!!!
Such beautiful photos!
YUM! These bars look so gorgeous!
I love pumpkin! This cheesecake is calling my name.
This looks wonderful.
These look—and sound—delicious!
My grand kids love pumpkin! They are coming for dinner tonight going to try this on them!! Thanks for sharing!!!
There is not enough cheesecake in my life! These look so rich and perfect!
These bars look DIVINE! And I love the idea of a family day to kick off the holiday season!! We may have to implement that this year, thanks Anna!
Cookin Canuck says
Your family day sounds like so much fun! We usually carve pumpkins and roast pumpkin seeds, but now I'm thinking that we need to make these gorgeous pumpkin bars as well.
Annual Family Day sounds like a ton of fun! I need to convince my husband to do this. It's only the two of us but it sounds like a good excuse to get out and do something. 😀 And these bars look so, so delicious!
I love that! Thanks, Erin!
These bars are so fantastic Anna! So pretty and you know caramel and pumpkin is a match made in heaven!
Girl, these are so amazing and so perfect!! Definitely fits into my fall "decor"! 😀
These are gorgeous, the swirls are perfect! I want to steal your idea for family day --- it's brilliant 🙂
Thank you so much, Sue!!
These look absolutely amazing! I know my hubs would just love these 🙂 Pinning for sure!
Yay! Thank you, Kelly! 🙂
Amy Stafford says
I have never heard of Annual Family Day, but what a great way to bring the family together for fun activities. Especially eating these amazing bars, full of so much flavor!
Thank you, Amy! I am not sure if other familes celebrate it but it would be fantastic!
We love to watch the Charlie Brown movies...I love your idea of an annual family day. It's such a cute idea! And these bars will be on my mind all day until I eat something pumpkin! Love these!
Haha! Thank you, Lora!
This look so delicious! I'm all about the pumpkin right now!
Me too! Thanks, Tori!
I want to see your ombre vase! The consistency of these cheesecake bars look seriously perfect!!
l will have to share the photo on Insta! Thanks so much, Sues!