Pumpkin Mousse Pie – light and creamy pumpkin pie that’s a perfect finish to a Thanksgiving dinner. This no-bake pie is made in under half an hour and can be made ahead of time. The time-saving dessert you need for the holidays!
You guys, I made a pie.
There is no other way to explain it, but to say that I gave in to the pressure. I mean, can you imagine Thanksgiving without a pie? Didn’t think so.
You may know that I do not make pies often. Maybe once a year. And it will be an apple pie. But this year my Hubby asked for a pie. A pumpkin pie. After a moment of sheer panic, I composed myself and decided that I can do it. It might just not be as traditional as you would expect.
And you know what? HE LOVED IT! My Hubby loved this Pumpkin Mousse Pie!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN MOUSSE PIE?
- Prepare crust. You can use store-bought (prebaked, graham cracker, etc.) or use frozen. Simply thaw it, roll it out, place in pan and crimp the edges.
- Make the filling: beat cream cheese; add sugar, spices and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold in gently with cream cheese pumpkin mixture, until no white streaks remain.
- Spread the filling in crust. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, to overnight.
PUMPKIN MOUSSE PIE VS. BAKED PUMPKIN PIE
Our only requirement for this pie was that it had to be light and creamy, not dense and chewy like the traditional pumpkin pie. My Hubby never liked pumpkin pie for the texture and I never liked it because, after a full and heavy turkey dinner, the last thing I want is an even heavier dessert.
I took all of these points in consideration and set off to make the best light and creamy pie. It also had to be easy, even if I had to use a shortcut.
This pie doesn’t require baking, besides the crust (if you making it from scratch from your favorite family recipe or bought a pie crust dough like I did) but you can buy a pie shell or make a quick graham cracker crust. The filling is quick and easy and consists of only a few ingredients. It sets into melt-in-your-mouth sweet pumpkin heaven!
CAN I MAKE THIS PIE AHEAD OF TIME?
You can make this pie ahead of time and store for up to 2 days. Another big plus! You can dress it up with a dollop of whipped cream, a dash of nutmeg and maybe even a drizzle of caramel sauce. Or you can have it plain and simple. Whatever you decide, you will absolutely love this pie!
So forget the dense and heavy baked pumpkin pie and make this light and creamy no-bake dessert. And get ready for compliments from the guests! Because everyone will love it!
If you like mousse desserts, you will love my new recipe for Pumpkin Lush Dessert Bars! Check it out!
Light and creamy pumpkin pie that's a perfect finish to a Thanksgiving dinner. This no-bake pie is made in under half an hour and can be made ahead of time. The time-saving dessert you need for the holidays!
- 1 ready pie crust baked and cooled
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional (optional, see note)
- If using a pie crust dough, defrost one sheet of dough and place in a pie plate.
- Crimp edges, prick the bottom with a fork and bake in 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla, spices and pumpkin puree. Beat until well mixed and smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. (see note for tips)
- Using a rubber spatula, add 1/3 of whipped cream to the pumpkin cream cheese mixture and gently fold in (do not whisk or mix).
- Add the rest of the whipped cream and fold in gently, until no white streaks remain in the filling.
- Scoop the filling out onto the cooled crust. Spread with an offset spatula. Make decorative swirls or peaks.
- Place the pie in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set. You can also refrigerate it overnight.
- Keep the leftovers chilled for up to 2 days.
- The cream of tartar is always recommended added to whipped cream during the whipping process, to help stabilize the cream. You know when the cream is whipped, if you lift the mixer beaters and the peaks of cream are stiff. Do not over-whip the cream. The total time includes the chilling time, required for setting.
- You can make this pie ahead of time and store for up to 2 days. Another big plus! You can dress it up with a dollop of whipped cream, a dash of nutmeg and maybe even a drizzle of caramel sauce. Or you can have it plain and simple. Whatever you decide, you will absolutely love this pie!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES:
Pumpkin Lush Dessert Recipes – layered creamy dessert on perfect cracker crust.
Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars – easy pumpkin treat with irresistible crumb topping.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – creamy and spiced pumpkin cheesecake in a bar form. So easy and delicious!
Pumpkin Layer Cake – decadent layer cake with a ton of flavor. Ginger jam filling makes for a perfect pairing with the pumpkin cake.
Pumpkin Donut Muffins – fall Sundays call for coffee and donuts! Pumpkin donuts coated in cinnamon sugar are perfect for that!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – moist and delicious pumpkin muffins filled with chocolate chips.
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte – the best recipe for pumpkin spice latte but with less sugar and calories!