Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars recipe – quick and easy fall dessert with pumpkin and spice. The crumb topping is irresistible!
PUMPKIN SPICE CRUMB BARS
Crumb bars are one of my favorite dessert bars to make. They are super easy because the crust mixture also makes the crumb topping! The filling variations are limitless which means you can make any crumb bar recipe you like. Inspired by Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, based on my original Crumb Bars recipe and lightened up with Greek yogurt, these bars are absolutely delicious, perfectly balanced in flavor and texture.
These Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars are perfect if you don’t want to make a pie this Fall but you love pumpkin desserts. When I don’t make my Cherry Pie Crumb Bars or my Strawberry Pie Crumb Bars, I am making this pumpkin version. The crust is sturdy enough to hold the other two layers, yet it melts in your mouth. The pumpkin yogurt filling is so creamy and tastes like light pumpkin pie. The crumb topping bakes into crunchy mounds of cinnamon and brown sugar goodness. You can, of course, use sour cream in place of the yogurt.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE CRUMB BARS?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare the 8″ square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom. Line with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add melted butter and mix until dough forms. Reserve about 3/4 c of the mixture for the topping. Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with the topping mixture. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
These bars are fabulous drizzled with caramel sauce! Perfect fall dessert and so easy to make!
If you want to make these for a get-together or a potluck, double the ingredients and bake it all in 9″x 13″ pan. They are sure to please the crowd!
MORE CRUMB BARS RECIPES:
Sour Cream Crumb Bars (the original recipe)
PUMPKIN SPICE CRUMB BARS RECIPE:
This recipe makes 16 squares.
- 1/2 c unsalted butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 c Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the 8" square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until dough forms.
- Reserve about 3/4 c of the mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.