Sour Cream Crumb Bars – sweet cookie bars with cheesecake like filling, topped with crumb topping. Easy dessert idea!
I might be one of few who are excited it’s Monday but just wait till you see what I am sharing with you today. You’ll understand.
Reason nr.1: Daffodils and tulips are blooming everywhere! That means spring is here and this cold front that’s coming today is most likely the last chapter of this year’s cold season. Most likely….
Reason nr.2: I ordered this poster and can’t wait for it to arrive! I am totally obsessed with the movie and the era. There is a very bare wall in my office space waiting to be a new home for it. 🙂
Reason nr.3: I’ve started switching our wardrobe to spring and summer clothes. It’s so much more fun than pulling out coats and scarves… I love fall clothes but this winter has been dragging forever. I am ready for spring.
Reason nr. 4: I made super scrumptious bars layered with creamy filling that couldn’t be easier to make! Seriously! And the crust and topping – my favorite ever!!! I finally found my very favorite crust and crumb topping recipe and it’s a total keeper. 🙂
Do you see all the layer of delight in these bars? The perfectly browned crumb topping, the creamy, sweet, vanilla filling and the ridiculously easy crust all the layers sit on. It all creates just the right amount of satisfaction for your sweet tooth. 🙂
And they make for a perfect spring dessert! You can expect to see many variations of these bars here, on Crunchy Creamy Sweet. They are easy to get obsessed with! 🙂
Sour cream crumb bars
!for the crust and topping:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter , melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
!for the filling:
- 1 c sour cream
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the 8" square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- !for the crust and topping:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until dough forms.
- Reserve about 3/4 c of the mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
- !for the filling:
- Place all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.