Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars - The best crumb bars you'll ever have! Creamy sour cream filling and sweet strawberry pie filling makes them irresistible!
STRAWBERRY PIE SOUR CREAM CRUMB BARS
Today I am sharing another version of my Sour Cream Crumb Bars. They are so good and so incredibly easy to make! It was simply time to add some fruit! Whether it's the strawberry season or you are simply craving a sweet berry dessert, these bars are perfect because they use a ready pie filling atop of a creamy cheesecake-like layer. The crumb topping and crust are made in one bowl. This recipe is bound to become one of your favorites!
- strawberry pie filling
- sour cream
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
How to make Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars?
These crumb bars are crazy easy to make. You can use any pie filling you like.
I used strawberry pie filling in this recipe for a few reasons: I had an open can of it and because I don't make pies, I was trying to find a way to use it; I am simply waiting for strawberries to get into their peak and the prices to dip so I can stock up on them.
The crust and topping are made from the same mixture, one is pressed onto the bottom of the pan, the other is sprinkled on top of the filling.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder and salt. Add melted butter and mix until dough forms.
Reserve about ¾ c of the mixture for the topping.
Press the remaining dough into prepared pan.
How to store these bars?
Any leftovers should be kept in an air-tight container or wrapped in saran wrap. You can store them in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
As with every baked dessert, these bars are the best eaten on the same day as the topping will be crunchy and the filling creamy. You can make the bars ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
More Fruit Dessert Recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Dessert Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars
for the crust and crumb topping:
- ½ c unsalted butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- ½ c light brown sugar
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
for the filling:
- 1 c strawberry pie filling or any kind you like
- ½ c sour cream
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the 8" square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
for the crust and topping:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until dough forms.
- Reserve about ¾ c of the mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
for the sour cream filling:
- Place all filling ingredients (except the pie filling) in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Spoon the pie filling over the sour cream filling. Gently make few swirls with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.