Instant Pot Cherry Delight Cheesecake Recipe – ultra creamy and irresistible vanilla cheesecake with cherry pie topping. Perfectly cooked in the pressure cooker!
One of my favorite and most impressive things to make in the Instant Pot pressure cooker is definitely cheesecake. You see, cheesecake is my thing. It’s our favorite dessert and over the years, I perfected my go-to recipe. Even my crust is perfect. It doesn’t crumble and fall apart. The fact that I can make an absolutely perfect creamy and light cheesecake in my IP, blows my mind every time.
This Cherry Delight Cheesecake (based on my Cherry Delight no-bake dessert) is so easy to make, you don’t need any special tricks to make it, each slice is tall and creamy and the whole thing is gorgeous topped with cherry pie filling. My fail-proof crust lets you lift the whole cheesecake off the pan!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE?
- Start with the crust. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then sprinkle over the bottom of your springform pan. Use a flat-bottom glass to press it down and up the sides. Place the pan with crust in the freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake batter, make sure your cream cheese is softened. It should be so soft that it needs to be scraped off the wrapper. Combine all ingredients to make a smooth batter. Pour over prepared crust and smooth out the top.
- Place trivet in your IP, add 1.5 cups of water and place the pan with cheesecake on trivet. If you don’t trust your pan, wrap the bottom of it and up halfway on the sides with aluminum foil to prevent leaking. Close the IP, set the valve to “sealing” position and press “manual” setting. Set timer to 30 minutes. Make sure the IP is set to cook on high pressure.
- Once the timers is done, let the IP release the pressure naturally. Carefully open the lid and let the remaining steam escape. Use a paper towel to gently blot the surface of the cheesecake from any additional condensation. Cool the cheesecake completely, then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Top with filling before serving.
HOW TO RELEASE WHOLE CHEESECAKE FROM PAN?
It starts with a perfect crust recipe. If your crust is crumbly and doesn’t stay together, it will be nearly impossible to remove the cheesecake nicely from the pan. Use a long sharp knife (like chef’s knife or utility knife) to loosen up the crust from pan, then gently slide it onto a serving plate or a cake stand.
HOW BIG IS THE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE?
I have a 6 qt Instant Pot and I use a 7″ springform pan to make the cheesecake. You may think that the cheesecake won’t be enough to feed your guests since it’s baked in 7″ pan, but each slice is tall and even thin slices will make for a rich and satisfying treat.
And because my crust recipe and method is absolutely fail-proof, you can slide a long sharp knife underneath it, and release the whole cheesecake from the pan. It makes for a much more elegant presentation. The leakproof pans do not have a rim around and it helps to lift the cheesecake. See my tools list below for a product recommendation.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE:
- the crust – My crust recipe is fail-proof and is important for a beautiful cheesecake as a base for each slice. You can prebake it or freeze it for 10 minutes, while you are making the batter.
- add flour and sour cream – Both ingredients are important for the best texture of the cheesecake. It will be creamy, light and won’t underbake.
- removing condensation from the surface – Baking cheesecake in the IP involves steam so you will have condensation build up on the surface of the cheesecake. You can cover it with aluminum foil before cooking, but I like to avoid using foil. All you need is a paper towel and gently blot the surface of cooked cheesecake to absorb the moisture.
- cooling before chilling – It is very important to cool the cheesecake completely after baking. Then place it in the fridge to chill. The cheesecake will be best if you let it chill overnight. Plan ahead!
PIE FILLING TOPPING:
You can use any pie filling you like to customize this recipe. Our favorite holiday dessert is Cherry Delight (the no-bake layered dessert) so I used cherry pie filling. You can use strawberry filling, caramel apple filling, blueberry filling (add lemon zest to cheesecake for a lemon-blueberry combo!), etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKE:
Instant Pot (I used my 6 qt Ultra) <<—- This is an affiliate link.
trivet (it comes with your IP)
7″ springform pan (I got mine at Aldi’s, from their small bakery line, but this one from Amazon will work too <<– this is an affiliate link)
hand mixer, mixing bowls and spatula
–>> Follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for latest recipe updates!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance!
INSTANT POT CHERRY DELIGHT CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Ultra creamy and irresistible vanilla cheesecake with cherry pie topping. Perfectly cooked in the pressure cooker!
More Instant Pot recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened (see note)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup cherry pie filling
- Make sure the stainless steel insert is in your IP. Set trivet inside, add 1.5 cups of water to the bottom of the insert.
- To make the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Stir with a fork. Sprinkle on the bottom of the 7" springform pan. Use a flat-bottom glass to press the crust onto the bottom and up the sides. Not all the way, but about 3/4 up the sides of the pan. Place pan with crust in the freezer while you make the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add flour and sour cream to batter and mix just until combined. Add vanilla and stir in with a spatula.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the prepared crust. Place pan carefully on the trivet in your Instant Pot. Close the lid and set the valve to "sealing" position. If you have a newer version of the Instant Pot, you don't have to do that since the lid does it as you close it.
- Make sure your IP is set to cook on high pressure. Press "manual" setting and set timer to 30 minutes. The IP will beep after a few seconds and it will start cooking.
- Once the timer is up, do not release pressure but let it release naturally. When the valve dropped, carefully open the lid away from your face and let any remaining steam escape. Using a paper towel, gently blot the surface of your cheesecake from any built up condensation. Let cheesecake cool for 5 minutes, then remove carefully from the IP.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely, then place in fridge to chill for at least 4 hours, to overnight.
- Top cheesecake with pie filling before serving. To cut perfect slices, clean the knife after each cut.
To make the cheesecake, you need 16 oz. of cream cheese. That is 2 8oz. packages. Make sure they are softened very well.
Use a long sharp knife (like chef's knife or utility knife) to loosen up the crust from pan, then gently slide it onto a serving plate or a cake stand.
The leakproof pans do not have a rim around and it helps to lift the cheesecake. See my post for a product recommendation.