Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – these skinny muffins are soft and fluffy and packed with pumpkin, spices and chocolate! So delicious!
I am delivering the recipe for these muffins as promised! I actually made them few weeks ago, right after I made this banana bread and this pumpkin bread. At that time, sweet breads and muffins were filling my kitchen counters like they were going out of style! My whole family was taste testing everything. I was surprised to see how much the kids loved these muffins. They asked for them few times since then and I made them again happily. They are good for you and there is no sacrifice in flavor. These muffins have whole wheat flour and Greek yogurt in them, which makes them a better option for a breakfast or snack.
I love how soft and fluffy these muffins turned out! They rise perfectly – no flat tops here! I pressed few chocolate chips on top of each muffin just before they went into the oven. Aren’t they pretty? 🙂
I think they will be perfect for our busy Tuesdays, when both of our girls have their dance classes. They love it and it will give them more energy!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup oil (canola, vegetable or coconut)
- 1/4 cup plain or Greek yogurt (you can also use sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon). Add chocolate chips, reserving some to place on top of the muffins.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, oil, yogurt, vanilla and eggs). Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan. I use an ice cream scoop and place 1 scoop of batter per muffin liner.
- Place few chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into a center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in the pan.
You will also love my Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread!